Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dandelion wine for a year

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

collect beautiful moments
She talks about her home, but it's not like when I tell others about Denocte. This place sounds… well, terrible. It almost sounds like a jail, especially not being able to see the sky. I've been through the forest before, but I've always been able to see the stars peeking through the leaves and the moonlight always shines down onto the ground. The thought of not having that makes me feel funny. It's almost like the time I ate something that upset my stomach and I almost barfed everywhere.

"I'm sorry you lived like that," I say, frowning. I don't even think about how maybe it isn't something to be sorry for, but it sounds like a sad life to me (or maybe even a punishment). "I'm glad you're here now. I mean, I think a world stuck in autumn would be kind of cool… but not if you can't see anything."

At least she's free now from wherever far away that place is. I think about how she might react to my Court if she likes the night sky so much. Though, I'm surprised she hasn't even heard about it before or what a deity is. I guess her far away prison land didn't have deities either? It sounds so crazy to me.

"Yeah! Caligo is who we look up to in my Court. There are stories about how she controls the night and that her siblings didn't treat her very well. She sounds like a pretty cool strong lady though," I explain, trying to remember all the details of the stories Momma's told me. I know that each Court has a deity and they're all siblings and they had a big fight, but that's about it.

When she talks about how the people in her homeland would die and become something else after, it reminds me of what Tenebrae said before about phoenixes. They become ash when they die and rise from those ashes to be reborn. I wonder if that's the same thing or if maybe this lady is a phoenix in some way and all those in her home are too. Is that why it's so far away and so hidden? I know phoenixes are pretty rare here in Novus too.

It makes me smile when she talks about my ancestors looking down on me. "I know they are," I say with confidence. I know that my great grandmother is - the one I was named after. I don't know what kind of star she'd be, but Momma hasn't told me too many stories about her yet.

I think again about what she said about living and dying and living again. It forms so many questions in my head that I don't even know where to start. "What did you used to be then? Before you were born… um, like this? Do you remember who you used to be? Or are you not allowed to keep those memories and they just say that's how it works every time?" It's hard not to start with one question and wait for the answer. I'm just really interested to know how all this works. I wonder if it works here too, but at least with me, I don't remember anything before just a few months ago.

"Speaking."

@Nicnevin <3

Messages In This Thread
dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-22-2020, 11:42 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-27-2020, 05:23 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-02-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-03-2020, 09:22 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-06-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-09-2020, 02:59 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-24-2020, 08:55 PM