Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dandelion wine for a year

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

collect beautiful moments
The lady says her homeland is not so terrible, but I guess maybe growing up there, she would think so. It sounds terrible to me after knowing how big of a world Novus is. I can't imagine being anywhere else and I don't think I would want to. Not only is my family here, but just everything is so beautiful. As much as a fall-forever forest sounds, I would miss seeing the moon and the stars and just everything here. No, definitely not for me.

When she says she's glad she's here, I smile, but that doesn't last on my face long when she mentions having to go back. "Do you have to go back? Why not stay here if you like it so much?" There's a part of me that feels almost selfish saying this because I feel like we're forming a friendship (or at least, I'd like to).

Naturally, the subject of Caligo brings me happiness. I like that she finds her powers interesting, although I don't totally understand how it works to be able to explain it more. "That's what the legends say," I reply, then try to remember what the other stories were about the Courts. My memory is a little fuzzy since I focus more on Night Court stuff. "Yeah, each Court looks up to a deity. I… can't remember all their names, but I know that they each control a time of the day in the sky and that's why the Courts are named the way they are. Oh! And they're all siblings, so that's why they would fight a lot. There's also Tempus- he's their dad and he controls time."

Then it's time for her to tell me some stories, this time about how the rebirth works with her kind (or her home, I'm not so sure she's a "kind" since she's a horse like me?). As she explains the things with the memories, I find that pretty scary. I guess if you don't remember, then you won't be scared, but I don't like the idea of losing memories or having them be fuzzy. I'm already fuzzy on some things, but I don't have a lot of time behind me yet. Or maybe I do, if we all have past lives? Suddenly I find myself very overwhelmed.

My ears perk up when she mentions all the not-horse things she was: a sword gets more of my attention, but also a gust of wind is a hard concept to grasp. I never thought these things could be living. "Wow," I say, pretty much at a loss for words. This whole concept is just so fascinating to me. "But how… how were you a sword? Did you have legs? Or eyes? Or were you like… just trapped inside the sword and not able to do anything?" The thought makes me shiver and it almost sounds like a punishment. Nicnevin told her story so calmly though, so it must not have felt so bad (or she didn't remember it that way).

"I'm glad you're Nicnevin now," I add, trying to bring a smile to both of our faces, even if all of this seemed overwhelming. "Because now we can be friends… I hope." And there it is- I've blurted out my hopes for a new friend. Hopefully she might feel the same way because it sounds like she could use one out here.

"Speaking."

@Nicnevin <3

Messages In This Thread
dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-22-2020, 11:42 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-27-2020, 05:23 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-02-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-03-2020, 09:22 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-06-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-09-2020, 02:59 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-24-2020, 08:55 PM