Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dandelion wine for a year

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

collect beautiful moments
When she tells me that her people need her and she's looking for someone, it sort of puts Nicnevin in a new light. Really, she's a hero for her people back home, which is pretty cool. Honestly, trying to track someone important down sounds like it could be a fun adventure.

Then as she's talking more about being a sword, it still isn't something I can totally wrap my head around. How can you not feel things? It makes my skin crawl thinking about it too much, so I push it aside as the topic changes. Like she says, I don't think I'll ever understand it. I also hope I don't ever become a sword.

What really gets me excited though is her idea of letters. I haven't written one before, but I've seen the owls and other birds flying by with the scrolls tied to their legs. Momma's sent a few off before. "Yeah! That would be lots of fun!" I exclaim, but then catch myself. I don't know how to write! "I… Uh… will have to learn how to write first though. I'm sure Momma could teach me!" It's always fascinating to watch how she moves a pen and makes all these fancy strokes. I can read a bit better now, but haven't quite mastered how to do the writing thing.

A voice calls my name from off in the distance and I turn to see the Dawn soldier gesturing for me to come back over. I let out a big sigh. "I guess it's time for me to go," I say sadly to my new friend. I don't want to leave, but I know that I have to go home. "I'll make sure to learn to write soon so we can still talk to each other! Let me know if you ever want some help finding the heir guy."

I start to walk away, my heart feeling heavy, but then I turn back around for a moment. "If you ever want to visit Denocte, just ask for the Regent's daughter, that'll be the easiest way to find me." I'm not sure how Momma will feel about a stranger asking for me, but I'll make sure to tell her all about the new friend I made here. Hopefully then she won't be too suspicious.

I then walk back over to Nic and gently press my forehead against her side as a goodbye. "It was great to meet you, Nicnevin." I can hear the soldier calling to me again, so I leave Nic's side and run off to meet him. I feel very sad, but I'll just keep hoping that we can talk again soon. It seems like she could use a friend in this big world of ours.

"Speaking."

@Nicnevin hope it's okay that I ended this here! I can't wait for them to exchange letters <3

Messages In This Thread
dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-22-2020, 11:42 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:27 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 07-27-2020, 05:23 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-02-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-03-2020, 09:22 AM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-06-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-09-2020, 02:59 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 09:36 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 08-24-2020, 08:55 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Maeve - 09-06-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: dandelion wine for a year - by Nicnevin - 09-11-2020, 11:10 AM