Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - errant

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

Elena Daray

let us live like flowers
drenched in sunlight

H
er dark father had always told her that the changes that would come and go were needed for this earth, for the world, for all of the life that lived upon it to continue. That the dying of the leaves and the rain and snow of winter was necessary for this land of splendor to stay so beautiful and so healthy. That was why the snow melted and fell, the flowers bloomed and wilted, and the clouds floated breathlessly in and out. And, if there was anyone that Elena trusted the most, it was her mother and her father. Truthfully, she had trusted everyone in Windskeep, to keep her safe, to keep her entertained, and to love her unconditionally. She knew that there was not one soul in her wonderful paradise of home that would ever dream of hurting, betraying, or lying to her. Elena had been desperately convinced that her father was some kind of superhero and that he would always be there to protect her and to save the day. Faithfully watching over their beautiful home and his ever growing daughter. She was convinced that the shadows would never be able to reach her here, or her family. Here in this ancient world she'd only ever known and loved since the day of her birth, the light that shone from every heart within would keep out the darkness and the demons. Of course, she was still so young and naïve.

Elena had been hardly aware the shadows that so waited for the little drop of sunshine to find her way to them.
She too, had not been so aware of the shadows that plague so many others.

So is too apart of life to reincarnate? To live a life and another and another. Elena would be fascinated by this if she knew, she would ask for stories, ask for her memories. “Please do, I will come with you, and perhaps my child will too,” she says as she looks at her stomach with a glance of blue eyes. Elena feels the prickle of her girl’s emotions hit gently against her skin. Inspiration? Sorrow? It is mixed in the way she breathes and Elena resists the urge to pull her close, like her mother had once done for her. The empath wants to tell her she can do anything, be anything, but they are still strangers, and Elena’s optimism has been waning as of late. “I have found that when your people need you and you them, you are always brought back together.” Just as Elena had been brought back to Lilli in the memory world created by Lilli herself. Just as she had been pulled into the forest of Taiga from Novus when she had been fast asleep by Kagerus’s magic of turning dreams into a reality. Some how, Lilli and Elena would never stay apart forever.

Hesitation, the uncertainty, Elena reads her emotions like a book in Dusk’s library. “Well, I could use some help tending to the plants in my window, would you stay with me for at least the evening?” Elena asks, a loophole. “And really, I have been having some trouble managing my small cottage in my current, very pregnant state. I could use some help,” she says, looking up at her from beneath long, dark lashes. “I have an extra bedroom, if you would be willing to help—just till the baby is born,” she says and there is the hint in her voice that suggests Nic may stay as long as she likes. “Come, you must see the sunflowers I have growing,” she says and begins to walk away, gesturing for her to follow. “Sunflowers in late autumn,” she says with a a laugh as she walks, “do you actually believe it?”

code by rallidae
picture by cannon
@Nicnevin

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
errant - by Nicnevin - 07-22-2020, 08:58 PM
RE: errant - by Elena - 07-31-2020, 12:06 PM
RE: errant - by Nicnevin - 08-02-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: errant - by Elena - 08-11-2020, 11:35 AM