Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 505 Winter - Spotlight Winners!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline sid [PM] Posts: 61 — Threads: 0
Signos: 7,815
Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Obsidian on winning Member of the Season!

As Aurora said so eloquently: Obsi is an excellent, passionate writer who is both super friendly and so incredibly versatile/talented. We're all amazed at the vast array of characters and how each one is so very unique, along with all the spicy drama they bring! She is such a kind-hearted person; it's so easy to talk to her and feel relaxed in her presence. Suffice to say that Novus definitely wouldn't be the same without her! ♥ 

Congratulate @Nicnevin on winning Character of the Season!

As Rallidae perfectly put, Nicnevin has only been here a short while and is already making waves - with countless encounters and 50 posts already! Jeanne continues to blow us away with her ability to write a wide cast of characters, of which Nicnevin is a wonderful example. Her backstory and lore are unique, stunning, and perfectly written by Jeanne. Her naivete and genuine sweetness contrasted with her knightly values make her a lovely character to read and enjoy over and over. 

Congratulate @Elena on winning Quote of the Season!
From for all the monsters — "The sunlight in her shines through the cracks in him."

We were absolutely enthralled by the simple sweetness of this quote! It's poetic and absolutely heart-warming ♥

Congratulate @Ruth and @Ishak on winning Pair of the Season!

Watching the interactions of these two is just fantastic; their dynamic is so easy to love and become obsessed with. As Rae said, we all have a ton of admiration for both Jeanne and Trixie not just for their beautiful words, but their exploration of such a unique and interesting relationship! They compliment each other in the oddest (but best) of ways. 

Congratulate @Isolt and @Danaë on "I saw you in the grave" winning Thread of the Season!

In the iconic words of Rallidae: The death twins have taken over Novus, and each is a powerhouse of poetic words by herself. But together? Unstoppable, phenomenal, Lady Gaga dot gif (lol). This thread in particular is just so hauntingly beautiful and unsettling in the best of ways, with their sisterly bond (and hobbies...) on display. Sid and Nes' writing complements the others perfectly and this thread paints a lucid but beautiful nightmare we're not sure we want to wake up from. 

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 09/30/20!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 505 Winter are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

MEMBER of the Season
Berb, who won Player OTS for Year 505 Fall, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: 

@Obsidian
@Jeanne
@Sparrow

CHARACTER of the Season
Vercingtorix, who won Character OTS for Year 505 Fall, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 

@Nicnevin
@Adonai
@Csilla
@Elena
@Maeve

PAIR of the Season
Ipomoea & @Thana, who won Pair OTS for Year 505 Fall, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Isolt & @Danaë
@Ruth & @Ishak
@Pilate & @Andras
@Vercingtorix & @Adonai

THREAD of the Season
Thread must have been made or posted in during Year 505 Winter (08/01 - 09/30)!

Current nominations: 

Storms Beneath Our Skins
I saw you in the grave
a dream once lost among sorrow and song
it was a pure creature
dandelion wine for a year

QUOTE of the Season
Quote must come from a post made during Year 505 Winter (08/01 - 09/30)!

Current nominations: 

"And maybe his garden is not so secret any more. Maybe he realises that others have been living there before him, cultivating it, growing love like buds. They just forgot his corner like he forgot theirs." - @Leonidas in Yesterday's Boy

"Bread." — @Maybird in Carried by the water

"His darkness is that of an open-sky night when the moon is new and hidden away, when the ocean is a quiet murmur and the stars outshine the torches of the city he’s left behind. His darkness is a storm at morning, keeping the birds hushed and the sky rumbling, bruised gray, heavy with rain. A wide-open kind of power, with nothing hidden away." — @Asterion in the world is a vampire

"I could drink until my head stopped aching and toast to the moon and stars that I was born a prince among men with the luxury of being, at one point, beloved." — @Adonai in they kept him alive so that he could be lonely

“The sunlight in her shines through the cracks in him.” — @Elena in for all the monsters (nominated by Sid)

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the previous season's Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<center><div style="width:60%; text-align: justify;"><span class="officialheader">Spotlight Nomination!</span>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: TAG THE CHARACTER(s) OR MEMBER VIA @NAME, or <a href="LINK">TO THE THREAD</a>
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!
</div></center>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

Played by Offline griffin [PM] Posts: 2 — Threads: 0
Signos: 600

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: "And maybe his garden is not so secret any more. Maybe he realises that others have been living there before him, cultivating it, growing love like buds. They just forgot his corner like he forgot theirs." @Leonidas in Yesterday's Boy
Reason: Ugh my heart. This was a bittersweet reunion thread; Leo's family all separated shortly after he was born. I just thought this was a really lovely metaphor from Obsidian about love, even when we think we're far from it.

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: Storms Beneath Our Skins from @Boudika and @Tenebrae 
Reason: Oh, Bouten - this is an epic thread full of the kind of dramatic suffering romance we love here on Novus. Plus who in their lives has never had an ex where you fantasize about telling them, “You don’t deserve to look at me,” then turning into a bird of prey and flying away? Badass, Boudika. Well done. 

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Leonidas' "Yesterday's boy" quote and "Storms beneath our skins" has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 1,475
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: "Bread."
@Maybird, in Carried by the water
Reason: Lol. But also, how many of us have made bread now? And I really needed a good laugh and Maybird is fabulous. 

Show us: dandelion wine for a year
Reason: Love, love, love <3

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Maeve
Reason: So wholesome and we honestly need it, plus she has been super active and meeting EVERYONE

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Pilate @Andras
Reason: you know why

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Vercingtorix @Adonai
Reason: uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Maybird's quote, "Dandelion wine for a year", @Maeve, @Pilate/@Andras, and @vercingorix/@adonai has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline aurora [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 50
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us:  @Asterion the world is a vampire - "His darkness is that of an open-sky night when the moon is new and hidden away, when the ocean is a quiet murmur and the stars outshine the torches of the city he’s left behind. His darkness is a storm at morning, keeping the birds hushed and the sky rumbling, bruised gray, heavy with rain. A wide-open kind of power, with nothing hidden away."
Reason: Pure poetry in motion. It makes me think of beautiful things, like something I'd save on Pininterest, because it's soft and sensual, like all of Griffin's words. 

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @Obsidian
Reason: I wanted to nominate many, but Obsidian stood out above the rest; she is such an excellent, passionate writer, who is both super friendly and so incredibly versatile/talented. I just love all her characters (amazed at how each one is so very unique) and the spicy drama they bring. Talking to her is so easy, I always feel relaxed in her presence. She is just such a kind-hearted person. Novus would not be the same without her. ❤

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Obsidian and @Asterion's "The world is a vampire" quote has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline Cannon [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 100
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS:Quote
Show us: "I could drink until my head stopped aching and toast to the moon and stars that I was born a prince among men with the luxury of being, at one point, beloved." - @Adonai in they kept him alive so that he could be lonely
Reason: I can't even believe how hard this sentence hit me? It really drives home 1) just how ALONE Adonai feels with his condition and everything else going on with his life, and 2) how far he's fallen since he was young and had it all and things made sense for him. I love it. I'm obsessed with it. I'm going to think about it all the time.

Spotlight Nomination!
Which OTS: Member
Show us: @Jeanne
Reason: Jeanne has been crazy active this season on top of being an absolute treasure like always. There's not a single time that I see her name on the discord and I'm not super happy to see her, she's always giving great advice and welcoming new people, and not only do we get Sept and Serafina back but all her new kids BLOW ME AWAY too. <3

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Jeanne and @Adonai's "they kept him alive so that he could be lonely" quote has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline rallidae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,815
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: @Nicnevin
Reason: Who hasn't met Nic? She's only been here a short while and already is at near 50 posts?! I am so impressed with Jeanne's ability to write a wide cast of characters and Nicnevin is a beautiful example of this. I adore her naivete (which has made for the most enjoyable threads to read) contrasted with her knightly values, her absolutely stunning backstory & lore, and her genuine sweetness. She is just a lovely character through and through and Jeanne has done so much with her in such a short time!

Which OTS: THREAD
Show us: I saw you in the grave
Reason: The death twins have taken over Novus, and each is a powerhouse of poetic words by herself - but put them together? Unstoppable, phenomenal, Lady Gaga dot gif. This thread in particular is just so hauntingly beautiful and unsettling in the best of ways, with their sisterly bond (and hobbies...) on display.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Nicnevin and the "I saw you in the grave" thread has been added to the nominees list!

[Image: caine-renevene1.gif]  [Image: aghavni-marnah.png]  [Image: 27046461_BsfXUXBDqFsM0bw.png]  [Image: senna-renevene.gif] [Image: 20254948_EiWm9Q6tB0zIq3h.gif] [Image: EJ7JOJf.gif]
ral∙li∙dae
choose your player

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 26 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: @Adonai
Reason: Its been mentioned before and I will mention again: Ralli had an almost unnerving ability to bring Novus to life. The attention to detail she pays in each post is absolutely extraordinary. Adonai really, really exemplifies this. I find myself reading not just my own personal threads with him, but all that I see him in. His relationship with Pilate, his sickness, and his memories are all so, so powerful and it makes him an incredibly realistic character to write with. And, through that, I really feel he gives life to Solterran nobility as a whole (as well ass all the Ieshans).

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Adonai was already part of the nominees list, but your reasons have been noted! ♥

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: member
Show us: @Sparrow
Reason: sprow is always so lovely and kind in the chat! i never fail to smile when they come round :)

Which OTS: character

Show us: @Csilla
Reason: shes rather new, but I think felicity does an ASTOUNDING job playing her! Every word that is written for her is so full of life and grace.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Sparrow and @ Csilla has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 4,725
OOC Account

So many great nominations so far! <3 I just can't ever make it easy for staff ;D
Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Elena
Reason: It seems like there were a lot of landmarks for Elena this season! She became champion of community, broke 200 posts, and, oh yeah, had a BABY. Plus she is just overall a joy to read and write with, and incredibly active on site

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Danaë and @Isolt
Reason: The creepy murder twins <3 Each sister is fascinating and beautifully written on her own, and together?? -chef's kiss-

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Ruth and @Ishak
Reason: Well to be honest I adored these two before they were even joined, so I'm coming into this biased. I love these characters and their backstory, and reading them together is so, so good. I have a lot of admiration for these writers not just for their beautiful words but their exploration of such a unique and interesting relationship!

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: A dream once lost among sorrow and songs
Reason: This hurt my heart in the best way, and I think that's reason enough

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: it was a pure creature
Reason: tbh I haven't finished reading this yet but I can't wait to have the time to sit down and read it all the way through. Syn and Ralli's writing flows beautifully together and I'm so excited to see what happens next <3

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Elena, @Danaë/@Isoltand, @Ruth/@Ishak, "A dream once lost among sorrow and song" and "it was a pure creature" have been added to the nominees list!