Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - paper crowns [private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

Today I feel sad.

It's not something I feel often, but when I do, it hits me pretty hard. I'm looking out the castle window at the Court world below. It took what felt like ages for me to be tall enough to see over the wall, but now I just make it where my eyes can see some things. I find myself scanning the crowd below for Momma Zahra again, but I know I won't find her.

I don't think anyone will.

Momma Morr was very mad when I came back from Dawn with someone else. He was a nice man and told me all kinds of stories on the way back, but it wasn't Momma and that was the problem. I don't really understand why she left, but I just knew that it made Momma Morr very angry (and sad, though I know she wouldn't appreciate me telling her I've seen her sad too). Momma's avoided the subject and just said that she was different. I have a feeling in my gut that she didn't love us anymore and that was that.

So, I'm sad because of that and because we can't be a complete family. I guess nothing can be perfect and I should be grateful of what I do have. This Court is my family and I know that, but something feels incomplete.

Rory rests on my shoulder and I manage a small smile. I know he doesn't like to be here and prefers the world out there, or perched on a tall tree somewhere. He could tell I was feeling troubled though and wanted to spend some time with me. I really appreciate having him around now. He makes a good companion for sure.

He nudges me forward. "Let's go out and have fun," he suggests and I nod. He knows sitting here getting lost in my thoughts won't do me any good, so I won't argue with him.

Right before we get outside, I'm greeted by a girl I don't know. She's young, maybe a little younger than me. She tells me to pretend to be her friend and there's someone in the castle she needs to save. My eyes grow wide and, before I can say anything, two guards storm in with annoyed looks on their faces.

"Maeve, do you know this girl?" one of them asks me. I recognize him as someone Momma yells at a lot, so I stand up straight and speak confidently. "Yeah! She's visiting me from one of the Courts." I keep it vague since I don't know which Court she's from. Thankfully, the guards don't ask, although they do stare at us for a moment as if they don't entirely believe me.

"Very well. Don't get into trouble you two or I'll fetch your mother," the same guard says. I look at him with a smirk on my face and call out as they leave down a hallway, "I don't think Momma would appreciate being 'fetched'." I know how she can be and am starting to think this might be why she doesn't like him.

I turn to the girl then with so many questions in my head. "Well, I'm Maeve. Who are you? And what's going on?" I can feel all my sadness and worries from before fading away. Now I'm just seeking an adventure. I can tell Rory is even a bit interested too.

"Speaking."

« r ; art »

@Elliana <3

Messages In This Thread
paper crowns [private] - by Elliana - 08-15-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 08-27-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 09-19-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 10-25-2020, 07:51 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 11-06-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 11-20-2020, 01:22 PM
RE: paper crowns [private] - by Maeve - 11-29-2020, 10:25 PM