Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - paper crowns [private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

kissed my penny and threw it in
prayed to keep my soul

B
ut you can call me Elli,” she says as if it is a special secret. And they are off. Had they been human, Elliana would have taken Maeve’s hand in her own, as if she were some child guide for wild adventures. She takes her instead by the blue of her eyes and leads her on their way.

Elli runs ahead, there is still a sound echoing in the back of her mind, urging her on, pushing her forward. “There are people who want to hurt him,” she says. “He’s scared.” She says and she doesn't know how she knows this, that he is frightened, that he needs her, she just knows.

And there he is, paws the ground, running as fast as he can, just as Elli does. Her heart lurches inside her chest, for the fear in his eyes, the urgency in his steps, and the cry that still echoes inside her head, rolling around torturously. She can feel the girl behind her as they keep running towards him and the cooks and kitchen workers that chase him around the castle. “We don’t need to catch him,” she calls back to her as an idea pops into her head. “We only need to hide him,” she says, this time quieter as she darts down a hallway.

She hopes she is right, that this place is a square with lines darting throughout, and Elliana does to the end of hallway where she can hear the shouting getting louder as they round a corner. She is quiet now as she stands there, and then she sees him. “Jack!” She calls out him and he turns to her, and for the first time their eyes meet and he knows and she knows. “Help me hide him,” she turns to Maeve when the lemur comes close enough. How she knows his name, how he listened to her, Elliana is too young to question, she only just believes it to be what it is. With Maeve’s help, she stages him behind a piece of castle artwork just as the kitchen workers approach them.

“Hello ladies…have either of you seen a lemur?”

Elli swallows the truth and turns to Maeve with something like a prayer in her eyes.

@Maeve elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
« r »

Messages In This Thread
paper crowns [private] - by Elliana - 08-15-2020, 03:19 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 08-22-2020, 08:52 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 08-27-2020, 06:06 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 09-19-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 10-25-2020, 07:51 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Maeve - 11-06-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: paper crowns [quest] - by Elliana - 11-20-2020, 01:22 PM