Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the first snow of winter

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

It's a new world, it's a new start
It's alive with the beating of young hearts

Snow! It's my new favorite thing as of today. I had heard about it from Momma when she first told me about the seasons but it wasn't until now that I could actually experience it. There's such a difference between just hearing about it and then seeing it.

There isn't much on the ground yet but it's changed the entire world. Everywhere you look there's the soft white flakes falling down. It's like I stepped into a dream but I'm actually living it! When I stick out my tongue to try tasting them, they just melt in my mouth and taste like fresh, frosty air. I had imagined what this would be like in my head but it's not nearly as cool as the real thing. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Momma and I planned to spend the day together. I don't know what she has planned, but I know that as soon as the snow started to fall, she rushed me out of the castle. Now that we're here, I don't know that I really need any plans. I'd be fine with just watching the world be covered by snow and me along with it. We could both chase the snowflakes as they fall and see how many we can catch on our tongues.

When two others join us, I get excited. I can tell Momma isn't sure at first, but then she starts to talk to the taller one like she knows her. I'm already tuning out whatever they're talking about because I know who the other is.

"Elli! You're back!" I shout and run over excitedly. My legs don't keep up with my body and I end up slipping on the wet snow. I fall face first right in front of my new friend. When I manage to stand back up, my cheeks are warm from embarrassment. "Uhh.. that didn't happen," I say sheepishly but it's hard to hold in my laughter.

Of course, Bram never skips a beat. The timber wolf is already by my side and sniffing my face. "It's okay, Bram, I'm okay," I tell him and nuzzle his shoulder. He looks at me with his soft yellow eyes and nods, but seems to prefer to stay close in case. I watch his gaze shift and his expression turn to a slight snarl. When I look over, I recognize the black and white furred creature on Elli's shoulder.

"I see your friend is better," I say with a smile, remembering our adventure not too long ago. My own bonded had helped us a little bit that day, but Rory isn't by my side today. He's a little more independent than Momma and Elli's bondeds, but I know he still watches over me. Even now I can feel our link a little bit, so he's likely high up in the sky and hunting for something tasty.
« r ; art » | @Elliana next! <3 sorry for the wait

Messages In This Thread
the first snow of winter - by Morrighan - 08-15-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elena - 08-31-2020, 08:56 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Maeve - 09-30-2020, 09:57 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elliana - 10-26-2020, 12:04 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Morrighan - 11-03-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elena - 11-19-2020, 06:58 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Maeve - 12-06-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Elliana - 12-15-2020, 11:43 AM
RE: the first snow of winter - by Morrighan - 12-22-2020, 10:39 PM