Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we are trying to grow wings [date]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

It's a new world, it's a new start
It's alive with the beating of young hearts

I'd never seen so much snow before until the crazy storm hit. Momma and I had to stay in the castle for a while until things calmed down. Even when we came out, it was hard to walk. It was all the way up to my chest! I had to trudge through it and barely made it far. Of course, Momma was bigger than me so she could just jump. For me, I just had to make all these awkward movements and got frustrated at myself. It wasn't until Momma used her fire to melt a path for us to get through that I could finally put one foot in front of the other. I kind of wanted to figure it out myself, but I appreciated her helping me. I also liked seeing her use her fire for good for once.

Thankfully, I didn't need Momma's help to walk around today. The snow had melted just enough for me to make normal steps again. She went off to do some important court business and told me to meet up with Aspara by the court walls. So, that's where I stood for a few minutes, wondering what my bestie had planned for us today. Or is there no plan and we would just wing it? That would be fine too.

I hear her call my name while bounding over to me. Before I can respond, she's already heading off to the prairie and telling me to follow. "Hold on - wait! I have little legs!" I yell back while attempting to gain enough speed to catch up with her.

I still haven't mastered the ability to walk through all this snow, let alone race through it too. I get maybe a few feet distance before I fall face first. "Oof," I mumble with a mouthful of snow. At least it didn't taste bad. I don't want to lose Aspara, so I just get up and go again, but a little bit slower.

"Where are we going?!" I ask, hoping it's not too far. I don't feel like falling again, although I'm thankful there's no one else around to see.
« r ; art » | @Aspara <3

Messages In This Thread
we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Aspara - 08-29-2020, 10:47 PM
RE: we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Maeve - 09-19-2020, 10:28 PM
RE: we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Maeve - 10-21-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: we are trying to grow wings [date] - by Maeve - 12-06-2020, 10:35 PM