Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - all the stars are hiding [playdate]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

kissed my penny and threw it in
prayed to keep my soul

O
ne night, sometime soon, Elliana will wake up and she will walk beside a skeleton man. His bones jitter and yawn and rattle. Her own body is quiet, quiet. She walks beside him and they say no words. She would awaken the next morning, terrified, tasting death on her tongue, and letting it run up her spine colder than a chill. This will not be the first man she sees like this (though, she will think him so much better than that bent necked lady). She will see nightmares, and she will walk beside them. Kiss their cheeks and tell them of their beauty. The girl, it would seem, is not so different from her mother. She befriends even those in the shadows, even those who terrify her.

Especially those who terrify her.

A dreamy smile kisses the corners of her mouth as she stands there before the girl, Maybird. Jack buries his hands into her mane, waiting to see what will happen. He eyes the girl’s own bonded, wondering how he could possibly take down a creature with swords for ears. What he does not expect though is to see the mask of a bird on the girl’s face. He squeaks out his concern and ducks behind Elliana’s head, while the girl, for her part, stares with wide, blue eyes, everything about her still inviting as ever. Demon. Jack whispers to Elliana, but she quiets him with a gentle roll of her shoulders.

The mask tips upwards, revealing her face, and Elliana cannot decide if she prefers the mask up or down. It was lovely to pretend for a moment she had found a bird on a snowy afternoon. A splendid day out of the ordinary before it tumbles into typical as she sees the girl is entirely equine.

“Dark magic?” Elliana questions the girl, the words fly from her mouth with the lightness of a bird. She looks down at the snow imagines it covered in blood, a crimson masterpiece (she thinks in the same breath that she would love to paint such a thing, in secret, away from her mother’s eyes—she can only imagine how sad they would become if she saw such a painting). She has not seen so much blood before, has only seen it in skid knees and small cuts, but she takes the red and splashes it across alabaster. In her mind, it is beautiful.

And suddenly she wants to see it.

“From each other,” she suggests. “Some from you, some from me,” she thinks, and takes a piece of ice from the ground. She remembers the way the unicorn’s horn had delved into her skin until drops of red emerged. “I can cut you, and you can cut me, and then when our snow creature comes to life it can be entirely our own.” She turns back to the creation she had began before meeting the girl. “What do you say?” She asks and holds out the icicle to her. “We could be like sisters in a way—blood sisters.”

@Maybird elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
« r »

Messages In This Thread
all the stars are hiding [playdate] - by Elliana - 08-30-2020, 11:44 AM
RE: all the stars are hiding [playdate] - by Maybird - 10-03-2020, 03:12 PM
RE: all the stars are hiding [playdate] - by Elliana - 10-27-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: all the stars are hiding [playdate] - by Maybird - 11-30-2020, 11:28 PM