Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - You wear blood well for one so gentle

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 399 — Threads: 81
Signos: 100
Inactive Character

☼ S E R A P H I N A ☼

in the end, the World takes everything.
Somewhere else, I am alive still, saying.

The Mors are ever-shifting.

The Mors are ever-shifting, and each morning, the shape of the dunes is not quite the same as it was the day before. In the past, she might have noticed the differences, but nowadays, she finds herself far less attentive, far less wondering. (It matters so little, now that she has found herself frozen, awkwardly suspended in time.) Still - she knows her way from the Oasis to the capital, even without thinking.

It has been some time, she thinks, since she has walked with someone across the desert. Ereshkigal is usually there, but she is so little company that she may as well be alone when only she is present at her side. It doesn’t feel strange, exactly; she spent years accompanied or accompanying before that. It doesn’t feel quite right, either, but she disregards that, pushes her persistent compulsion to all but marinate in her own loneliness down her throat.

She will be relieved, she thinks, when they reach the capital - but not entirely.

The youth’s remark comes with less reluctance than she anticipates. Helovia. I was born in the Dragon’s Throat. Seraphina turns her head - looks back at him over her shoulders, a prickle of recognition in her mismatched eyes.

She is surprised to find the name familiar.

“I knew a man in Denocte - the night kingdom, south of here -, once, who was from Helovia.” Perhaps saying knew was too generous; the king that she served locked him up for crimes he didn’t commit, and she was the diplomat who petitioned for his safe return to the kingdom of night, before they provoked another war. “But he – left, or disappeared some time ago. However…” And here is where she trails off, her tone turning thoughtful, and she reconsiders what she knows – what she remembers – of the other courts and their most influential denizens. “I cannot say for sure if this is true, but perhaps you should go to Terrastella, the land of Dusk, once you are settled. I think that you may find someone there.” She can’t remember who. It has been two years, nearly three, and, if she spends much more time considering it, she will also be forced to remember that she has been an outcast nearly as long as she wore an unseen crown on her brow.

This is half-remembered, information scavenged when she was a queen, rather than a ghost, intent upon proper diplomacy – but perhaps (she hopes), it could be of use.

tags | @Mauna
notes | <3
quote | cynthia cruz, "letters to emily"

"speech" || "ereshkigal"

@

I'M IN A ROOM MADE OUT OF MIRRORS
and there's no way to escape the violence of a girl against herself.

please tag Sera! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Messages In This Thread
You wear blood well for one so gentle - by Mauna - 09-13-2020, 04:32 PM
RE: You wear blood well for one so gentle - by Seraphina - 09-24-2020, 01:22 PM