Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - grow a field of blue flowers

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 84 — Threads: 16
Signos: 525
Inactive Character

kissed my penny and threw it in
prayed to keep my soul

S
he was too young to know all the ways her mother’s heart was broken, and too young to know that Elena was afraid her sorrow was going to bleed all over her daughter. So she just thought her mother must be tired at moments when she looks out at the sea, and she just believes her to have other things on her mind when she looks at Elliana with something in her eyes that she cannot quite place. Elliana is no empath like her mother, and therefore she cannot feel any of her guilt.

There is the melancholy song of some winter bird back for spring in the distance.

Maybe, to someone else’s ears, it might have been an omen.

She watches him, turned away from her, with her own kind of quiet curiosity, and then he turns to her and she thinks she has seen his face before, or maybe it was just one that she has been told about during those night time whispers. Yes. He says and she smiles faintly, decides she likes the depth in his voice, the way it is smooth and sharp like mountain air. His words though, are far to weighted to sit properly on her slim, young shoulders.

She doesn't understand what is happening, although there is a part of her that desperately wants to. She tries to put the puzzle pieces together that were made for someone much older than herself—for someone who had significantly more mental capacity than she. There is a part of her that almost gives up, breaking it apart and throwing it on the floor, and another part of her that keeps at it, fingers working the knot, picking at it slowly, hoping that it will unwind before her. “I’m sorry, I don't know what I am supposed to say,” she admits to him, a poor response, she believes, but she is honest at least. Her stomach churns slightly, and she frowns at him, that pretty face distorted with confusion.

She tilts her head to the side, small ears perking and then swiveling amongst the fluff of her mane and forelock. “Did you try looking for them behind the big boulders?” She asks, innocent. “That’s where I found Nic one time during hide and go seek,” she offers the simple, childish solution. “Or are they…” she doesn't know how to finish it. Death is such a normal thing for her, has been since she was born, but she knows when she speaks of it to others, they shudder and stare. “If they are—I could talk to them for you.”

@Vercingtorix elliana speaks

elliana

« ♡ »
« r »

Messages In This Thread
grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 10-03-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 10-30-2020, 12:07 PM
RE: grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 11-06-2020, 05:18 PM
RE: grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 11-21-2020, 11:58 AM
RE: grow a field of blue flowers - by Elliana - 11-29-2020, 09:19 PM