Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Swooping Season

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Taboo [PM] Posts: 3 — Threads: 2
Signos: 890
Inactive Character

Oh, she'd tried to stop! She really had!

The almost glass-like clinking of her crystalline hooves on the stone gave way to a harsher scraping as Amalthea tried to slow her momentum. But it was all for naught.

She flung her head to the side, accepting the jarring impact that she could feel through her torso as she and the other unicorn collided. It caused her skull to rattle uncomfortably on her neck, but thankfully it stayed attached along with the rest of her. The biggest loss being a gust of breath forced from Amalthea's chest that escaped with a small oof!!

Stumbling back from the stranger, Amalthea opened her mouth to apologize when they beat her to it. Still, it wouldn't do to leave it unsaid.

"I'm fine, thank you," She replied, looking up at the moonlight colored unicorn she'd run into. "What about yourself? I must apologize, I wasn't looking where I was going-Ah!" In the confusion she had briefly forgotten just why she had been running in a crowded place anyways, the dragon!

Oh...that ear cuff hadn't been the most expensive item they had but it was still time and resources gobbled up by her own mistake!

Tears began to well up at the corners of her eyes and she willed them to just...to just suck back in if they could! The stranger would probably assume it was related to the collision and feel bad, when it had nothing to do with them.

Clearing her throat, Amalthea tried to keep her voice even and answer the last question spoken in her direction.

"A dragon snatched a piece of jewelry from my family's stall, I was trying to chase it down but..." She sighed in the direction it had gone, visibly deflating as she tried to brute force her way through the stages of grief and straight into acceptance. "It's long gone."

That wasn't this random soul's problem though, and she didn't intend to make it so.

"Che sarà, sarà. Nothing to be done now!" She asserted, forcing her voice to soften as she turned back to the stranger. "Are you sure you're alright?"

@Aspara

Messages In This Thread
Swooping Season - by Amalthea - 10-03-2020, 08:32 PM
RE: Swooping Season - by Aspara - 10-04-2020, 02:13 PM
RE: Swooping Season - by Amalthea - 10-05-2020, 12:31 AM
RE: Swooping Season - by Aspara - 10-13-2020, 04:05 PM