Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 506 Spring - Spotlight Announcements!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 71 — Threads: 0
Signos: 13,635
Owner Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @e-cho on winning Member of the Season!

E-cho has been a longstanding member of Novus and we could not be any happier to have her here. She is constantly an uplifting presence in the Discord chat (and always, always takes the time to send out encouragement and love, and to reply to peoples’ vents with kindness and affirmation.) She’s sweet, funny, and have you read any of her posts? So visceral, so talented!

Congratulate @Tenebrae on winning Character of the Season!

Tenebrae has had a rough season, but it has been one of our favorite things to read; from his love affair and all those punch-gut emotions that Obsi so brilliantly conveys, to his self-punishment, to his blinding by the Order. His personal growth has been so evident, as has his relationships with so many characters. We’re excited to see where he goes from here!

Congratulate @Elliana and @Aeneas on winning Pair of the Season!

These two are adorable, and so insanely active together! Sam and Syn’s writing complements each other so beautifully; and with so much happening this year, this is the kind of wholesomeness we need more of. In each of their threads together we can see them growing up and growing closer, and this is a pair we’ll have our eye on for the seasons to come.

Congratulate @Sereia and @Vercingtorix on "The Making of You" winning Thread of the Season!

Obsidian and Syndicate always write beautifully together, but this thread was such a wildcard. Both characters are dealing with some painful emotions (Sereia with her kelpie nature and subsequent guilt, Torix with his hatred of kelpies and his realization of what is happening), and both writers convey each of their characters’ thoughts so beautifully. Overall this thread was so, so good and deserves the recognition.

Congratulate @Euryale on winning Quote of the Season!
From Prophecy to the wind, to the wind only; — "I hide my heart like a dragon hides its gold, its treasure – too devastating too part with, too heavy to completely swallow, but always mine, always with me – guarded. There are parts of me I do not wish the world to see.  How soft I can be – how hopelessly tender. How fragile and delicate like a rose might be. But you threaten all that too, don't you? You find the shadows, you follow the path of coldness, of isolation. You follow me.  With your gentleness, with your tender dreamers' gaze, with your star-wild eyes and a voice made soft by the roaring waterfalls and endless oceans you carry. You are the forest to my winter – my forest.  The dreamcatcher to my dreams. And I look to you like a wolf looks to the wilderness, the moon; with hopeless want and tender aching. An ancient ache, as old as love, as wild as creation – gentle, like a kiss; soft like the brush of fingertips against your cheek. I want to bask in your embrace and call us holy.  I want to hold you close and never let you go."

This quote! A longer one but each line is so poignant. The entire thing is just so beautifully written and paints such a clear picture.

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 11/30/220!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 506 Spring are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

MEMBER of the Season
@Obsidian, who won Player OTS for Year 505 Winter, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Muirgen
@Sid
@e-cho
@Scapeh

CHARACTER of the Season
@Nicnevin, who won Character OTS for Year 505 Winter, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Tenebrae 
@Leonidas

PAIR of the Season
@Ruth & @Ishak, who won Pair OTS for Year 505 Winter, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Elliana & @Aeneas
@Adonai & @Vercingtorix

THREAD of the Season
Thread must have been made or posted in during Year 506 Spring (10/01-11/30)!

Current nominations: 
"Nothing gold can stay"
"The Making of You"
"And Death Is The Love Of What Hurts You The Most"

QUOTE of the Season
Quote must come from a post made during Year 506 Spring (10/01-11/30)!

Current nominations: 
"I am always lonely, and I am never lonely at all.

I have always thought that you could split me into parts, and I have never thought that you could do it evenly. When I am home, I am lonely, but I am never alone; I am alone in the way that shattered glass is alone, or in the way that one-half of a broken bowl is alone. (That is to say: I am alone because I am in pieces, because I am a collection of ill-fitted segments.) I am empty in the way that a glass is either not-full or overflowing, but never right at the rim." - @Diana in the changeling

"If you are to love me, should it not be as light and free as a bird above the sea? As moonlight on water—" - @Boudika in so tell me how to be in this world

"I hide my heart like a dragon hides its gold, its treasure – too devastating too part with, too heavy to completely swallow, but always mine, always with me – guarded. There are parts of me I do not wish the world to see.  How soft I can be – how hopelessly tender. How fragile and delicate like a rose might be. But you threaten all that too, don't you? You find the shadows, you follow the path of coldness, of isolation. You follow me.  With your gentleness, with your tender dreamers' gaze, with your star-wild eyes and a voice made soft by the roaring waterfalls and endless oceans you carry. You are the forest to my winter – my forest.  The dreamcatcher to my dreams. And I look to you like a wolf looks to the wilderness, the moon; with hopeless want and tender aching. An ancient ache, as old as love, as wild as creation – gentle, like a kiss; soft like the brush of fingertips against your cheek. I want to bask in your embrace and call us holy.  I want to hold you close and never let you go." - @Euryale in Prophesy to the wind, to the wind only;

"I have never been fond of the color of wealth." - @Avesta in and the march became her mother

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the previous season's Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<center><div style="width:60%; text-align: justify;"><span class="officialheader">Spotlight Nomination!</span>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: TAG THE CHARACTER(s) OR MEMBER VIA @NAME, or <a href="LINK">TO THE THREAD</a>
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!
</div></center>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

the novus crew

the someday crew

Played by Offline syndicate [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 210
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: QOTS*
Show us: @Diana in the changeling

Quote:I am always lonely, and I am never lonely at all.

I have always thought that you could split me into parts, and I have never thought that you could do it evenly. When I am home, I am lonely, but I am never alone; I am alone in the way that shattered glass is alone, or in the way that one-half of a broken bowl is alone. (That is to say: I am alone because I am in pieces, because I am a collection of ill-fitted segments.) I am empty in the way that a glass is either not-full or overflowing, but never right at the rim.

Reason: I just found this so hauntingly beautiful! I think it captures the sensation of being lonely very well, especially lonely when you feel as if you don't belong, or have something "missing." It's eerie but relatable, "other" and yet a feeling I think many of us have experienced in one way or another. 

STAFF EDIT: * indicates staff have added this to the nomination list!

Played by Offline aurora [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 300
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!
Which OTS: Quote*
Show us: “If you are to love me, should it not be as light and free as a bird above the sea? As moonlight on water—“ here
Reason: Such beautiful, soft words from such a strong female character.  I absolutely love all the dialogue in this thread, but that one is my favourite. ♡

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
griffin

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: "I hide my heart like a dragon hides its gold, its treasure – too devastating too part with, too heavy to completely swallow, but always mine, always with me – guarded. There are parts of me I do not wish the world to see.  How soft I can be – how hopelessly tender. How fragile and delicate like a rose might be. But you threaten all that too, don't you? You find the shadows, you follow the path of coldness, of isolation. You follow me.  With your gentleness, with your tender dreamers' gaze, with your star-wild eyes and a voice made soft by the roaring waterfalls and endless oceans you carry. You are the forest to my winter – my forest.  The dreamcatcher to my dreams. And I look to you like a wolf looks to the wilderness, the moon; with hopeless want and tender aching. An ancient ache, as old as love, as wild as creation – gentle, like a kiss; soft like the brush of fingertips against your cheek. I want to bask in your embrace and call us holy.  I want to hold you close and never let you go." by @Euryale in This thread

Reason: This is longer than the usual quote I nominate, but I think that's part of the particular beauty of Aurora's writing - reading her posts always transports me, setting a particular mood, lyrical and sensual. There are always some beautiful lines but that whole paragraphs can come together and evoke such a feeling - ah, a delight to read.

Which OTS: Member*
Show us: @Muirgen
Reason: Muir! Lovely, wonderful Muir. She's been here longer than I have (which is saying something) and she is kind and funny and constantly boosting others up in the chat. I love seeing glimpses of the art she's working on, and I have always been amazed by how much she can convey in so few words in posts. Eat your heart out, Hemingway.

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 5,865
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Sid
Reason: Sid is literally always there to answer my questions and help me (especially with profiles, ugh!) Sid made me feel welcome from day one. I thought no one would want to thread with my silly characters and when posting goddess Sid asked if she could thread with me I legit died. Plus she is super active and I'm sorry but have you read her poetry, I mean posts. (They read like poems that I get confused!)

Which OTS: CHARACTER*
Show us: @Tenebrae
Reason: Okay, Tenebrae (lovingly nicknamed Ten) literally went blind this season?!?!? Like what a big character change and I commend Obsi for always staying true to Ten’s character, even as he grows and changes. Despite all the craziness he has been involved in, somehow none of it never seemed forced or ingenuine. Ten has created a nice little drama with his love triangle (okay maybe I am biased here.) But it has been so great to be able to thread with Ten, along with reading his threads with Boudika and Azrael. One thread I am on the edge of my seat, others my heart is breaking. He is a truly fantastic, dynamic character. 

Which OTS: Thread*
Show us: @Orestes and @Marisol Nothing gold can stay
Reason: Okay, okay, I know we have all been joking about Orestes leaving, but this thread actually freaking destroyed me. So beautiful. Orestes's departure was delightfully mysterious and Marisol's realization was beautifully tragic. And the lead up to him leaving in both of their posts, perfection! Syn and RB knocked it out of the park for one last Marisol and Orestes thread. 

Show us: "I have never been fond of the color of wealth." - @Avesta in and the march became her mother
Reason: Ugh I dont know? It was short and sweet and it caught my attention. I read this line and it stuck with me. I feel like Avesta is very different than what she used to be, no longer the innocent child, she is kelpie and she has been to war. This line is so dismissive and cold and I love it. 

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 1,560
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Elliana and @Aeneas*
Reason: Is there anything cuter than puppy love? Check out their adorb thread together: https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=5777 These two have been such a pleasure to stalk, and I can't wait to see where their relationship goes from here. Both have been incredibly active even though they are babies, so I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of them <3

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 71 — Threads: 0
Signos: 13,635
Owner Administrator

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @e-cho
Reason: E-cho is just the kindest, sweetest soul ever. She's always kind in the Novus chat and I love our ridiculous conversations and inside jokes (buns of schteel...) too. I can always count on her for great advice, kind conversations, and pick-me-ups ♥ With her profession (and the fact that she's just an overall wonderful person <3), she's also been amazingly helpful and understanding when I talk about my grandma who has dementia.

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Scapeh
Reason: Scapeh is just a wonderfully nice person all-around ♥ She's always incredibly kind in the Novus chat and has wonderful advice (or pick-me-ups) to give any time someone is in need! I personally owe her massively - in a recent time when I was feeling stuck at the bottom of a pit of depression, I had asked for opinions on new doctors and therapists when I was dealing with my current doctor being dismissive of my request for therapist recommendations. Scapeh provided a TON of useful information that helped me see that finding a therapist on my own wasn't as imposing or as daunting as I initially felt, and it helped pave a way towards pulling myself out of a spiral. I can't thank her enough ♥ 

the novus crew

the someday crew

Layla

Spotlight Nominations!

Which OTS: Character*
Show us: @Leonidas
Reason: Wild forest boy <3 I just love him and the way Obsi writes him (but especially how he is with Maeve and their latest thread where he's painting her and he's calling her a phoenix, it's just so precious)

Which OTS: Pair*
Show us: @Adonai & @Vercingtorix
Reason: As seen in: https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=5593 Honestly I just love reading threads with these two because Torix is supposed to be a baddie (or at least started out that way) but Adonai really softens him and also poor Adonai deserves someone to love after all he's been going through

Show us: The Making Of You
Reason: It's pretty ironic that Torix gets turned into a kelpie when he was spending so long wanting to hunt them. I think this thread has some excellent character development not only with Torix, but Sereia as well, the kelpie that didn't want to be a kelpie or hurt anyone < / 3

Show us: And Death Is The Love Of What Hurts You The Most
Reason: I just really love these two together?? But especially Elena always asking the deep questions. It's just some powerful dialogue in here and I loved reading every word of this thread.

sid

Winners have been announced!

A big congrats to all of our winners, and a thank you to everyone who nominated!
Please see the main post for both winners and nominations.