Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - As the shadows creep in

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

I listen to him in silence, nearly forgetting about the ache in my head as his words wash over me. I admire his confidence in his goddess, his devotion, though it's not one I think I could ever share again. I had not much to say in response, and watched as his shadows crept further around the room. Wrapping its tendrils around a basket I had woven -one skill I'd retained from my childhood in Herstial - and then over Caligos stone offering plate that was in every room I'd found so far.  Every once and a while I tried to offer something up, though I had no clue what tokens the goddess appreciated.

I wonder if it's a hint of bitterness I catch on his words, at Caligo for dooming him to stay in solitude, or at himself for not appreciating it. I reach out to brush his shoulder with my muzzle. "As long as you're okay... then I can live with that" 

My heart hurts every time I think of them, it's been so long I can hardly picture their faces anymore. I tell myself they have both grown into strong men, with their mother's powerful shoulders, and my delicate features, but the truth is that I will likely never know if fate has let them live out their lives. I have more hope for Eremurus than Liatris. 

"I did..." the words come out so quietly I hardly hear them myself, and Picoro nestles himself deeper into my side. "many years ago now..." How long had it been now, three years? four? "beautiful, and awful. You give everything to them, your heart, your soul, and they flourish with it. But if you lose them... you lose those parts of yourself forever. You can gain new parts, but those ones, they don't grow back."

I lean into him as he sighs, letting my neck rest over his legs, and then flinch at his words moments later. My head lifts sharply, winning against the stiffness of my neck, nearly hitting his head in the process. I am not angry by nature, I work hard to keep it out of my life, but I can not help but let its discordance strike through the notes in my words. "I was not" I snap sharply. "had Acrux not given me his blessing I would have no children, had I not devoted myself to his land and it's people I would not have later found the friends I held dear. Death did catch me and hold me fast and Vega pulled her off of me with strength I never could have used myself." I finish with a heavy sigh, and exhausted from the short burst lower my head back down over Tenebraes legs. "They fell apart and left us, but I will never regret the time I gave up to them. I just can't do it again, I won't risk giving everything and having it taken once more." 

He sounds so defeated in that moment that I feel bad for snapping so harshly, and anger at allowing myself to do so, it goes against everything I hold dear to speak in such tones. "maybe you are" I reply "But that's not something I can discover for you. That is a devotion you must decide for yourself... no one else can help you in that regard" 

@Tenebrae
angrryyyy lu (she prob will eventually devote herself to something again... shes just in deniaaallll)

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-13-2020, 07:34 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Tenebrae - 11-26-2020, 12:16 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-26-2020, 08:13 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Tenebrae - 11-27-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-27-2020, 10:56 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Tenebrae - 11-28-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-28-2020, 09:35 PM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Tenebrae - 11-29-2020, 10:08 AM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Luvena - 11-29-2020, 11:25 AM
RE: As the shadows creep in - by Tenebrae - 12-03-2020, 10:38 AM