Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - sharpen your teeth [NC auditions]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

there's no such thing as an unhaunted house
Warden?

Afterwards I would marvel at my own boldness in that moment. I did not know I had the audacity to step forward for such a position! That evening, self-doubt would creep in as it always does- in the heavy shadows that linger at the edge of sleep, those vulnerable moments before the mind’s logic crumbles to the playground of dreams. But there and then, standing apart from the crowd, I was certain. I grasped at that certainty like my life depended on it. My future certainly did, or so I thought at the time- most thought me as stoic, but they did not realize how often I fell victim to the drama of youth.

The funny thing is that I thought I would be the only one. Perhaps because all those before me were resigned to whatever fate their queen would choose for them. But there was another who stepped forth; with a voice like warm copper he spoke of his history and interest in warden. His last words, so casual, dug deep into my deepest insecurity- I had never been proven in battle against another horse. Did he know?

My eyes widened slightly at the challenge. I swung my horn toward the blonde with a raised brow. If I had seen him before I could not recall, but that wasn’t saying much; I had far more of an eye for rocks and trees and other animals than I did for horses.  “Bring it.” I grinned like a wolf, and found that where I would once be nervous, I was excited.

"Speaking."

<3 <3

Messages In This Thread
sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Morrighan - 11-17-2020, 08:50 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Azrael - 11-18-2020, 05:01 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Aspara - 11-22-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by August - 11-23-2020, 11:00 PM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Aspara - 11-24-2020, 11:40 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Morrighan - 12-02-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: sharpen your teeth [NC auditions] - by Azrael - 12-02-2020, 07:22 AM