Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Quiet Reunion (Rhone)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

He had been wandering, aimlessly wandering all of Novus. For so long he had never left the relative comfort of Terrastella. He would start each morning watching the sunrise from the cliffs and end his day curled up in front of a fire. But something impressed upon him that he needed to branch out, to wander. There was so much he could learn out there and he would learn none of it sitting idly in Terrastella. And so, he packed his essentials in his satchel and set off on an adventure.

His wandering had taken him through Bellum Steppe, through the Abigo caves, and then through the Arma mountains. It had been a beautiful, scenic route from the relatively security of Dusk to the newness of Denocte. Rhone had been here before, but it had always been on business and never simply because he wanted to explore. This time, however, he would take his time in Denocte, learning all that the court was willing to teach him.

As he came down through the mountains and towards the lake, he told himself that he would make camp here for the night. It was a beautiful sight and he was so sure that it would be even more beautiful in the morning as the fog rolled in over the lake. Yes, this seemed like a great place to camp.

First he gathered up load after load of firewood. It was stacked neatly in a pyramid-shaped pile, full enough that he would have plenty of wood to keep his fire going all night. Next he dug out a fire pit, careful to line it with large stones. He had heard of the forest fires in Delumine and the last thing he wanted to do was start a fire.

When the pit was completed, he began to construct his fire, starting with an outer pyramid of thick, strong wood. In the center was small sticks and twigs, wood shavings and a bird next that had no occupant. It did not take him long before the fire began to flicker to life, waring the immediate area around him. As he stared down at the flickering coals, he heard his name.

It was curious that someone would know his name here, so Rhone lifted his eyes from the flames and looked over the fire and down the shore. A familiar sight greeted him and his lips pulled into a grin. Luvena. The ribby mare had been a friend of his, a friend he had not seen in quite a long time. He wondered where she had gone off to but he was happy to see that at least she was alive and well. "Luvena…" His words were soft and silky, his eyes scanning her body in the most friendly of ways as she came to stand near him. At her words, he nodded his head softly. "I wondered where you had gone. I said a prayer that you were at least safe. I see that my prayer was answered." Where an individual found their home was not up to him. He could still maintain friendships even courts apart. Knowing that Luvena was at least still alive and well made his heart swell just a little bit. He missed her. He missed his walks with her through the court and the swamps. He missed their conversations and their friendship. Perhaps now was the time for rekindling that friendship. After all, he could still be a romantic and write her hand-written notes from time to time.

She asks how he is doing and how the court is fairing and he nods his head softly. "We are both well. I left on a sort of walkabout, I suppose you could call it that." He left in search of something more, unsure of what exactly he was looking for. Perhaps it was Luvena. Perhaps he was meant to find her here. "Come, sit with me by the fire and tell me of your new life here." He motioned to the spot in the sand just beside him as he lowered himself to the ground. The warmth felt good against his skin and he found that he did not need the blanket he had packed. In this moment, he hoped that she would join him. There was so much for them to talk about.

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 11-20-2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 12-06-2020, 12:52 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 12-30-2020, 12:03 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 12-30-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 12-30-2020, 10:05 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 12-31-2020, 12:09 AM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 01-01-2021, 02:32 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 01-01-2021, 09:43 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 01:42 AM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 01-03-2021, 05:35 PM