Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Quiet Reunion (Rhone)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

I don't know when I stopped living. When time seemed to stop completely and the days passed without change. It wasn't that nothing happened. Just that things didn't seem to matter. Even in night still, unless I was with Tenebrae, a dear friend, nothing seemed to change. Picoro noticed it too, and chided me for it often. There was a time when I felt everything so deeply, and yet pushed it aside to keep Crucis sailing smoothly. When, despite my failing body, I put my heart into every word and every step, so much so that it nearly failed me.  I don't know when that stopped. 

"I..." I hesitate for a moment, watching his created wave rise higher and higher, casting a shadow over the earth. I didn't want to ruin his hard work, it was a well constructed fire for what it was worth. But I wasn't ready yet to face flames with open eyes. "Yes, please. Sorry"  I watch the wave, waiting for it to crash, and smother the light nearby.  It seems these days I've welcomed darkness, perhaps I should welcome Caligo too.  Afterall in the end, Vega's gift didn't serve me all that well, and Crucis abandoned me when most needed. 

I regret my words for a moment, and clamber to my hooves. Shaking, for once I don't know if its from nerves or from my thin legs. The last time I loved... I didn't say anything. We sat in silent company, and we knew, and better for it, since we would not be able to speak to each other by the time the twins came about, the wolf made sure of that.  We let our feeling be known in silence under the tumbling ashes, and billowing smoke, and we let in follow us into the sun. And we let it die under moonlit nights, in silence there too. For that I would never forgive her. 

I didn't think I should have a second chance then, who am I to think that now I get a third? To condemn someone to me, who likely has few years left, who failed to fight for her kingdom, failed to fight for a land that crumbled beneath everyone's feet. Failed to protect her child, left behind to crumble with it?  

But then... who am I to tell people they deserve more, and not give myself the same privilege? "you say you have no lover, but who are you to speak for others?" I've been forward in my life on many things, while soft spoke, I've never much been one for silence. Except when it comes to my own pursuits, those are kept locked away. 

I don't know when I stopped living, but I know I'd like to start again. 

@Rhone

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 11-20-2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 12-06-2020, 12:52 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 12-30-2020, 12:03 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 12-30-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 12-30-2020, 10:05 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 12-31-2020, 12:09 AM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 01-01-2021, 02:32 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 01-01-2021, 09:43 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 01:42 AM