Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Quiet Reunion (Rhone)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Broken did not even begin to describe Rhone. Rhone was old. He had lived his life completely and had made a mess of it. It was surprising that he was allowed even this chance to try and make things right. The fact that he was here on Novus was testament enough that someone thought he had a chance to make his life better. Sometimes, he wasn’t sure what the Gods saw in him, but they must see something or else he would not be standing here.

He does not mean to compare his story with her own because he knows there is no comparison. They have both had rough lives and they are both only trying to survive. But he listens when she speaks more in-depth of her past. She’s opening up to him and Rhone, for a moment, is scared that he cannot do the same for her. Yes, he shared some of his history, but he did not share the details. She got the cliff-notes version and he was afraid he would be unable to allow her to read his autobiography.

But something about what she says strikes a chord with him. She does not get to bury her son. Losing a child is the worst pain an individual can suffer from. No parent should bury their child. "So honor him here, in Novus." While he knew and understood her fear of fire, lighting a candle for him, saying a prayer, or even releasing a lantern into the sky. Any of those things might honor the death of her son and give her closure. Rhone knew that closure was everything.

He’s quiet again as she talks about her lifespan. Never had he thought she would leave this earth early. Sure, she looked a little unhealthy, but everyone has their troubles. Rhone liked to think she had more time than she might be letting on. "Immortality or health can still come to you, Luvena. While I did not grow up worshiping the Gods of Novus, I have found them to be reasonable." He wishes there was something more he could tell her, but he worries that saying anything further might do more harm than good.

He sighs as he adjust his feet beneath him to get them more comfortable in the sand. He thinks about her expressed desire to make the most of whatever time the Gods decide to give her, whether it be one day or a thousand. He can respect that and he understands that. "I cannot promise you love for I have built a wall around my heart for a reason…" He pauses, unsure of how he really wants to word his statement. He doesn’t want to offend her and yet, he doesn’t want to lead her on either. He wants to be honest and truthful with her, she deserves that at a minimum. "…but I can try." He couldn’t promise her they would ride off into the sunset together. Life would continue to be hard on them both, but he could at least offer her an attempt. Maybe love would happen. Maybe the ice around his heart would slowly melt away and he could let more of her in. There was a lot of maybes in a world with so much uncertainty.

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 11-20-2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 12-06-2020, 12:52 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 12-30-2020, 12:03 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 12-30-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 12-30-2020, 10:05 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 12-31-2020, 12:09 AM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 01-01-2021, 02:32 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 01-01-2021, 09:43 PM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 01:42 AM
RE: Quiet Reunion (Rhone) - by Rhone - 01-03-2021, 05:35 PM