Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - sunlit dreams ( summer )

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Away Veer [PM] Posts: 3 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

io

“Hello,” Io said again, with a bit of awkwardness. She was half distracted with slow blinking and head tilting as she tried to wrap her mind around the sheer breadth of the creature before her. Her average frame could likely squeeze through the space between its belly and the sand beneath them. 

They were haloed with golden light, caught between angelic and demonic, and somehow transcending both into something… else. And the kaleidoscope of colors and little star-like flecks were beautiful and fascinating. They were like a fragment of the night sky caught in a towering horse body, but then also shoved face-first into a blender.

She listened as they waxed poetic about the shell with a furrowed brow. It was strange to see something so… well. Strange, be so moved by something so commonplace. The opaque blue tears seemed so out of place, that Io had to consider the idea that they weren’t tears at all. Perhaps the creature was full of thick, sloshy blue fluid, much in the way that Io was full of sloshy red fluid. If she were missing skin on her face and really just everything up there, she would probably be dripping some secretions of her own.

Io eyed them over critically. This creature really did seem to be quite the sheep in wolf’s clothing.

“I’m Io,” she offered, slightly extending her nose in a casual greeting. As fascinated as she was, she still wasn’t sure she wanted them to touch her. “Here,” she said with a small smile. “Come look. I discovered this when I was out here yesterday.”

She extended one foreleg and drew it through the wet sand in a single stripe between them. Almost instantly, a dozen little brown toned crabs were brought to the surface, scrambling and foaming tiny angry bubbles as they dug back into the sand. She laughed a little, delighted by the weird little things despite herself. She looked up at her companion for their reaction. “Aren’t they curious?

”Have you been here long? I just got in a few days ago. I’ve lived in the mountains most of my life, so everything here is so new and strange.” She hesitated then, realizing she also included Cicatrix in that statement, whether or not they realized it. 

"talk"

@Cicatrix

[Image: de9u07z-4f04f887-21ff-4105-a8ce-ef1f5e00...hqwHwl6qfI]

the darkest nights reveal the brightest stars

Messages In This Thread
sunlit dreams ( summer ) - by Cicatrix - 12-02-2020, 11:44 PM
RE: sunlit dreams ( summer ) - by Io - 12-04-2020, 08:15 PM
RE: sunlit dreams ( summer ) - by Cicatrix - 12-07-2020, 09:23 PM
RE: sunlit dreams ( summer ) - by Io - 12-09-2020, 09:01 PM
RE: sunlit dreams ( summer ) - by Cicatrix - 12-17-2020, 12:10 AM