Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - What lies beneath...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

She hadn’t expected her question to be answered, for Mephisto had thought she was the only creature here.  It was a foolish musing, now that she thought about it, heart fluttering in her throat as she startled at the man’s voice.  She turns to gaze at him, drawing in his appearance with studied observation.  Her cobalt eyes roam unabashedly over him, resting briefly on the scarf which knots at his neck, before she clears her throat to address him.   “You don’t know the half of it.”  Magic, that is.  For Mephisto had seen firsthand the strange magic in this world.  It flowed through her veins, raw and untamed, something dark and wild.

She does not elaborate, but simply falls into step beside the male, exploring with a quiet curiosity.  The Pegasus keeps her wings tight against her frame, though every inch of her is poised to flee, not entirely trusting of this new and strange world the two had stumbled upon.  She knew most parts of Terrestella now, having spent a considerable amount of time roaming its craggy peaks and exploring its secrets.  For a time, she had even lived in this very swamp, during the months she had strayed from the citadel and the Halcyon units, trying to learn to harness the magic within her.  Of all the places in their land, she knew the swamp to be the most mysterious.

Some claimed that there were healing properties to the water here, and she knew that many healers felt drawn to this land.  Rumors had even suggested there was a hidden hospital in these parts, and as they stepped through rooms and through twisting halls in the trees, she had to wonder if the rumors were true.   “Are you Terrestellan?”  She didn’t know the male, and yet he did not smell like a stranger.  He had the scent of familiar places on him, even though she couldn’t remember meeting him or even seeing him around.  The warg hadn’t always been the most present here though, so it was entirely possible they had never crossed paths.  What little time she had spent in the capital was during her training, with days filled running drills and practicing combat.  It hadn’t left much time for socializing.

Stepping into a nearby room, she is taken by an array of instruments splayed across a simple bench.  Though unfamiliar, it is not a stretch to think they might have been medical devices.  Further, against a wall, she finds a small table cluttered with books, crystal vials, and a golden set of scales.   “I think this is the hospital.”  Her words hold more certainty now, as she flips through the pages of a nearby journal, finding impressively detailed anatomical drawings within its pages.   “The court is known for its’ healers, but I wasn’t sure that the hospital was real or simply a rumor.  In all the time I’ve wandered through this swamp, it’s a wonder I haven’t found it before…”

She turns back toward the door, her gaze falling on a helper who now stood in the doorway, watching their intrusion curiously.  For a moment, the warg meets its green eyes, her own gaze warm and unthreatening.   “It’s okay, she murmurs softly.   “We aren’t here to cause any trouble…”  Flicking a glance at her companion, she tried to judge his expression, whispering under her breath for only the male to hear.   “That is, I’m not… I presume your curiosity is simply that?”  She is not unkind, simply curious as she questions his intentions.  After all, Mephisto had never been one to blindly trust strangers, even those who appeared to know Terrestella as she did.

MEPHISTO
DUSK COURT WARDEN
html by castlegraphics; art by naia-art

@Atlas – love him <3

Messages In This Thread
What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-04-2020, 04:31 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-05-2020, 01:51 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-06-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-06-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-07-2020, 08:48 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-07-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-10-2020, 07:15 AM