Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - What lies beneath...

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

She watches the bustle of the hospital, drawn by the activity of it.  The place was alive and vibrant, with a sense of urgency and efficiency that the warrior in her could appreciate.  She moves aside as a nurse clears her throat beside her, bumping into Atlas for a brief moment as the woman scurries past and begins to treat a patient.  While they are not ushered on, Mephisto feels a sense that their presence was more a hinderance to the operation than a help, and so she moves along from the heart of the hospital, back the way they came with a quiet nod to the helper who had showed them what secrets the healing halls held.

“I hadn’t seen this place before, only heard about it… honestly, I couldn’t even know if they were true.  For all the times I’ve been to these swamps, I never knew it existed.”  It was a wonder, really, for there was much to see in the boughs of the canopy.  A part of her is sad to leave it, but she knows that duty would bring her back to Terrestella’s court, her eyes needed to watch and be ever aware of the threats which may press upon them.  Marisol had entrusted their people to her care, and Mephisto’s dalliances to quell her curiosity did little to advance their safety.  Still, it was good to know about the hospital, she decided, descending the stairs until her feet find the murky ground of swampland once more.

“It is nice to meet you, Atlas the map-maker.  I am Mephisto, Warden of the Dusk Court.”  She nods to him, the sound of her title still strange on her lips, a smile following the nod.  But she was not ready to leave the man, not yet.  For he had seen far more than she, had many stories the once-spy would yearn to know.  Namely, where he’d come from… for it was clear that Novus was a new place for the wanderer to see.  For a moment, she reminisces on what it was like for her, when she had first come to this place.  When the world was new, the magic unknown, the lands still holding wonder and surprise.

“What other places have you seen and mapped?  I know there are many worlds beyond this one, with different lore, different gods, different faces.  I myself have lived in a few before here, though it seems a lifetime ago.”  And it had been – for so much had happened to the mare between the time when she was born and now.  She had wandered alone through the wilderness, finding her way to the Riftlands, a place where magic broiled and turned the landscape at whim.  She had made one home there, then another, and then everything she knew had folded in on itself, darkness swallowing them whole.

But she had led a rich life… a full life.  And Mephisto had so much more she wanted to know.

And she turns to stare at her companion, curious to see what he thought of the mysterious hospital in the trees.

MEPHISTO
DUSK COURT WARDEN
html by castlegraphics; art by naia-art

@Atlas

Messages In This Thread
What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-04-2020, 04:31 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-05-2020, 01:51 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-06-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-06-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-07-2020, 08:48 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-07-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-10-2020, 07:15 AM