Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - What lies beneath...

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

As they walk away from the hospital, her companion looks back with something akin to regret on his face.  He expresses his desire to stay and learn more.  ”You should…” she offers with a soft smile.   “Now that we know it’s here, I’m sure you could find your way back.  There is always a need for healing…”  She trails off, shivering slightly as she thinks of all the bloodshed she has seen in life.  Too much… far too much.  For in every part of the world touched by mortals, there would be conflict.  It was simply the nature of the living, to want and be driven by greed.  Greed would keep them from ever having enough of their stations in life – it would drive every war and conflict , that want for more.  

“There is a healer in our land, Elena… she would be a good place to start.  I’m certain the hospital would accept all the help they could get.”

The two walk away from this place, leaving the helpers to their tasks as the mood between them changes.  She is surprised by the sudden shift in Atlas, stopping to watch him as he stumbles over the story of his past, obviously painful.   “I’m sorry.”  Her voice is earnest as she nods in understanding, for not all parts of their world were as welcoming as Novus.  Too many places she’d wandered through had sounded just like his home, driven by unsavory motives and power-hungry leaders.  

“I won’t lie and say that things have always been peaceful here, but there is good to be found in Novus.  You’ll find that it’s a land of opportunity and duality.  Whatever you seek, you’ll find… the good, the bad.”

He asks what all she’s seen, and Mephisto sighs, considering.   “I have not seen enough of Novus to know all of its secrets.  What I know is that it is a land ruled by the gods, that the magic which runs through many of us is weaved in the land as much as in our blood.  You will find, in the sea, the island which is rumored to be the source.  

The Courts are each unique in their own right, with their own values and cultures.  Delumine has always been welcoming, and Denocte is always ripe with entertainment and fortune telling.  Solterra though, I’ll admit to be a bit of a mystery.  I simply haven’t had as much interaction with our desert-dwelling neighbors.  They tend to isolate more than the rest, whether by intention or simply their nature.”

And whether for business or pleasure, she did not say… for her travels were a bit of both.  It was her duty to know about the possible threats to Terrestella, which would drive her to know more of Solterra even, in the days and weeks to come.   “Tell me, where will you go next?”

MEPHISTO
DUSK COURT WARDEN
html by castlegraphics; art by naia-art

@Atlas

Messages In This Thread
What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-04-2020, 04:31 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-05-2020, 01:51 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-06-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-06-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-07-2020, 08:48 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-07-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-10-2020, 07:15 AM