Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - What lies beneath...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Atlas

quiet houses, lit up by candlelight

Mephisto’s words are reassuring, and they remind him of the existence of time. Not everything has to be done right this moment. “You… you are right,” he says, his tone lilting up at the end like a weight has been removed from him. It vindicates much about his change and his journey. He casts his eyes over her night-like form with a tremble of wonder in his gaze, for in that moment she reminds him greatly of Nashira. Not silver and painted with gold, of course, but, in mind and mentality, encouraging him to be better. “Thank you. You remind me greatly of an old friend whom I miss dearly. She also used to have to keep me down to earth.” He chuckles.

Mephisto informs him of a healer by the name of Elena and his ears twitch as he considers. For a long time, wandering has been his purpose… he has a motley collection of useful skills but nothing so quite as honed as his direction, and adaptability. Could Atlas the mapmaker really become Atlas, the healer? Certainly, that would be more helpful than silly pictures of stars and his project to map all of Novus. Someone had done that before. Probably.

He sighs a low note of acknowledgment as Mephisto extends her condolences at dredging up bad memories of his homeland. “You needn’t apologize. I’m pretty good at tormenting myself so I’m used to it.” He meant it to be amusing but instead, it comes off as a little… pathetic. He joins her in stride as they leave the hospital behind them, finding their way out of the winding rooms and interlocking boughs. “An astute observation, and one true of most everywhere, I think.” He thought of Nashira’s smile as they danced at his second wedding, the Astrarium rotating beautifully above him, and Nathely’s laugh. “There were… good things, in my homeland. However brief the experiences.”

His question to her seems to be a burden. She tells him of her thoughts of Novus and the island of magic from which all else resonates. He winces, visibly. “I suppose I shall have to get used to it, then. Magic, I mean.”

He listens as she speaks about her familiarities with the various courts and thinks of his own experiences. Denocte is his next destination. Terrastella was familiar. Delumine, pleasant. He knew the desert well. The desert dwellers… not as much.

Her next question  brings him pause. “It has been so long since I’ve moved with true purpose. But perhaps I shall try and find this Elena you speak of. Honing a practical skill may be better than my usual incessant wandering.” He chuckles, then remembers the original reason he came here, to try and find easier access to the stars above the swamp. Maybe there was still time to slip away and see them… “Though perhaps I shall take a peek at the sky first.”

“And you? May I inquire as to your plans, or are those secret warden business as well?” He winks to show her the seriousness in his tone is a jest.

@MEPHISTO | almost done here methinks?

Messages In This Thread
What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-04-2020, 04:31 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-05-2020, 01:51 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-06-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-06-2020, 04:02 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-07-2020, 08:48 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-07-2020, 09:47 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-10-2020, 07:15 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-10-2020, 09:21 PM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Mephisto - 12-18-2020, 05:13 AM
RE: What lies beneath... - by Atlas - 12-19-2020, 05:24 PM