Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 506 Summer - Spotlight Announcements

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 11
Signos: 713,743
Official Novus Account

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Scapeh on winning Member of the Season!

Scapeh has been a kind and welcoming face in the Novus community for over a year now, and she is always chatting in the discord! Like Karma said, she also goes out of her way to help others and is incredibly easy to talk to and willing to provide great advice (or even just a listening ear) on all sorts of things ♥ When I personally was dealing with a pretty bad depressive down spell and in vent talking about it, she reached out to me and opened up her DMs to provide some FANTASTIC advice and pointers on therapists, psychiatrists, etc. It helped quell my anxiety more than she probably realizes and I've seen her do this for countless others! All of us on Novus love and appreciate her like she has no idea ♥

Congratulate @Galileo on winning Character of the Season!

Leo is an absolutely wonderful rounded and intriguing character and Karma has been kicking butt with all of his posts. Not only does she write him in a fantastic manner, but she's posted 45 posts in less than a month with him, which is a huge feat! And as Ralli pointed (and I can't agree more!): Another powerhouse poster this month! The way karma writes Galileo's thoughts and internal struggles (growing old [though Adonai would insist he's not], finding his place, reflecting upon the past) is always so well thought-out and almost melancholic? In a poetic way? Which makes for a wonderful read each time!

Congratulate @Willoughby on winning Quote of the Season!

From Mother Courage — "It is a shame, I think" she adds to Galileo "even if they don't agree with you, they should at least be willing to accept who you are. Acceptance doesn't have right or wrong. It isn't about agreeing or disagreeing. Embracing another takes courage, I suppose. They do not have it."

Echoing what Karma said, this quote speaks to a lot of people - through varying walks of life, as well as the different situations that we are in and working through - in a beautiful way. It was particularly striking for me personally, and beautifully written ♥ Bee is such a gorgeous and overall well-written character, and this quote really speaks to her personality in so many ways ♥ 

Congratulate @Adonai and @Vercingtorix on winning Pair of the Season!

I really... cannot put into words how much I have adored reading and watching these two characters develop within and around each other. As Sunny said, Ralli & Syn are amazingly good writers and the stories, emotion, and life they breathe into these two characters - both on their own and alongside one another - is breathtaking. There is a certain raw heartbreak in reading them both, but there's no way I'd rather watch my heart break ♥ 

Congratulate @Marisol and @Elena on "Whom the gods love die young" winning Thread of the Season!

I know SO MANY of us were sitting on the edge of our seats after reading be the thing that buries me, and this is the guilty pleasure of watching the aftermath. Both Marisol and Elena are beautifully written characters in their own right, but the depth of emotion and rawness in this particular thread is heart-wrenching and so real. There is so much character development and somehow beauty, even in the wake of agony. But like Ralli said.... poor Mari deserves a break & some nice things from here on out, please! :'D

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 01/31/2021!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 506 Summer are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

MEMBER of the Season
@e-cho, who won Player OTS for Year 506 Spring, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations:
@Rae
@Sparrow
@Muirgen
@Scapeh
@lackadaisy

@inkbone - I wanted to put this out here to make sure this is transparent and communicated: although I was nominated by @Lullivy (and the kind words are so appreciated!), I will not be in the running to win this nom ♥

CHARACTER of the Season
@Tenebrae, who won Character OTS for Year 506 Spring, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Cicatrix
@Galileo
@Rivane
@Renwick
@Willoughby
@Jane

PAIR of the Season
@Elliana & @Aeneas, who won Pair OTS for Year 506 Spring, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Adonai & @Pilate 
@Adonai & @Vercingtorix

THREAD of the Season
Thread must have been made or posted in during Year 506 Summer (12/01-01/31)!

Current nominations: 
Between the Bottom of the climb and the summit
whom the gods love die young

QUOTE of the Season
Quote must come from a post made during Year 506 Summer (12/01-01/31)!

Current nominations:

"The only thing Dune loves more than a day off is… well, anything that’s free. But especially booze." 
— @Dune, in "Quicksilver Dynasties

“It is a shame, I think” she adds to Galileo “even if they don't agree with you, they should at least be willing to accept who you are. Acceptance doesn't have right or wrong. It isn't about agreeing or disagreeing. Embracing another takes courage, I suppose. They do not have it.” 
— @Willoughby, in "Mother Courage"

"Give her blood, and give her glory. A Solterran lives to die on the sand." 
— @Adonai, in There is no safe

"Whatever version of her it was that could form her mouth around an apology; whatever version of her it was that stood at the summit, in the cool, bright wind, laughing because it would be her first time seeing the gods in person, and what else was there to do with all that anxiety; whatever version of her it was that loved, really, wholly, desperately loved—

That was the impostor.

The real Bexley is a bitter little girl, and she is climbing toward the top of a mountain, leaving Solterra so far behind." 
— @Bexley, in wound for wound & stripe for stripe

"He had abandoned Denocte when she had abandoned him; had cast aside the land that had been his Mother and fled the very shores where she laid her head. Her bones, the Crow knew, had shaken that day; the day her borders had burned and her gates and snapped shut and her Trueborn children had fled under the cover of her own shadow." 
— @Raglan, in "Have you ever thought of leaving the nest"

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section.

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos.

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to.

• We know it's tempting (and you deserve the recognition!), but you cannot nominate yourself!

• Inactive characters or members are not eligible to win Spotlights.

• Players/Characters who won the previous season's Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<center><div style="width:60%; text-align: justify;"><span class="officialheader">Spotlight Nomination!</span>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: TAG THE CHARACTER(s) OR MEMBER VIA @NAME, or <a href="LINK">TO THE THREAD</a>
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!
</div></center>

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 1,560
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Quote*
Show us: @Dune - The only thing Dune loves more than a day off is… well, anything that’s free. But especially booze. (https://novus-rpg.net/showthread.php?tid=5923)
Reason: I am still laughing... this line made me laugh so hard

STAFF EDIT: * indicates staff have added this to the nomination list!

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 775

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member
Show us: @inkbone
Reason: |I realize this may be a slightly finnicky nomination considering all the recent developments and talk of favoritism, that being said I stand by this nomination. Inkbone is an incredibly kind soul, and we wouldn't have Novus as it is today without her! She truly gives her heart to make sure that Novus remains a kind and welcoming environment.

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: member*
Show us: @Rae
Reason: I am literally always missing Rae in the chat, but literally anytime I do catch her she is just the loveliest person to chat with! also, unrelated to her character but she always have lovely photos!!

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS:Character*
Show us: @Cicatrix
Reason: I know this is a relatively new character But I just adore them! I love their soft character and Kaiju write them just beautifully!

STAFF EDIT: * indicates staff have added this to the nomination list! @Lullivy, I sincerely appreciate your wonderfully kind words and the nomination. And while the words mean a lot to me, I will be personally taking myself out of the running to win nominations. That being said, I appreciate you and every member on Novus ♥ ♥

Played by Offline lackadaisy [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 100
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: MEMBER*
Show us: @Sparrow
Reason: Maybe I'm bias since Sparrow was one of the first to welcome me (back) to Novus. And also chat, help me and always around to talk plots. They're currently working with me on a re-design and I love their creativity and presence overall. Definitely a good edition to Novus!

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character of the Season*
Show us: @Galileo
Reason: another bias opinion, but Leo is a great character. I RP with Karma a lot but I can tell this is a VERY thought-out character with a TON of history attached. I like seeing these types around. I want to see Leo develop and get lots of stuff for him!

Played by Offline Sunny [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 400
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member*
Show us: @Muirgen
Reason: Muir always has such good ideas, is very nice and welcoming, and also I love her.

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Character*
Show us: @Rivane
Reason: I love my two-eared two-eyed wingless purple people eater rat mom. Ratty does an excellent job of playing her! And also she's putting up with Kas' dumb booty.

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: PAIR*
Show us: @Adonai and @Vercingtorix
Reason: excuse me have you READ their threads???? aside from ralli and syn being EXTREMELY GOOD writers, the pairing is so good. they're so GAY! i love it.

Played by Offline Karma [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member*
Show us: @Scapeh
Reason: Absolutely lovely and welcoming. So helpful, they personally went out of their way to help me! I always see them in the discord hopping about and happily chatting to everyone. Just an all round wonderful person!

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Renwick
Reason: this character's threads are something else entirely!! not only is Ren stunning but heck, is he written well. they've been so active too, i am just mightily impressed

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Willoughby in Mother Courage
Reason: “It is a shame, I think” she adds to Galileo “even if they don't agree with you, they should at least be willing to accept who you are. Acceptance doesn't have right or wrong. It isn't about agreeing or disagreeing. Embracing another takes courage, I suppose. They do not have it.”

For some reason this seems rather poignant at the moment <33

[Image: dde6v4z-814991aa-67eb-4848-b31d-67fa36d7...gjPsNN8hxU]
karma!
time travelling medusa child

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 200
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS:Member*
Show us: @lackadaisy
Reason: While being a new-old face, Daisy is always super active in the discord channel and posts like crazy! She's always up for plots, helping develop characters, posting with anyone and everyone, and in general spreading the love. I love seeing people who are eager to get involved in every way they can and Daisy brings such a smile to my face with her enthusiasm. 

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: @Willoughby
Reason: First of all, 50 POSTS IN A MONTH? WE'RE ONLY 8 DAYS INTO THE NEW YEAR. This is a major accomplishment for any writer! Second of all, have you read/written any of the threads with Willoughby? She is a wonderful character full of life and can surely warm even the coldest and deadest of hearts. She's a great addition to Novus, and will undoubtedly do great things. (And make people cry because seriously she is cute as heck and wholesome)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 200
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: PAIR*
Show us: @Adonai & @Pilate
Reason: They've probably been nominated in the past, but I just want to say that I live for these two and their threads together, and I'm VERY looking forward to how their dynamic changes now that Adonai is Sovereign.

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 149 — Threads: 31
Signos: 195
Night Court Medic
Female [She/her/hers]  |  11 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 13  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Thread*
Show us:  Between the Bottom of the climb and the summit
Reason: This thread isn't finished, but alreadythere is some beautiful writing going on, and I am loving seeing all the new sov's get involved!

Which OTS:Quote*
Show us:  wound for wound & stripe for stripe
Whatever version of her it was that could form her mouth around an apology; whatever version of her it was that stood at the summit, in the cool, bright wind, laughing because it would be her first time seeing the gods in person, and what else was there to do with all that anxiety; whatever version of her it was that loved, really, wholly, desperately loved—

That was the impostor.

The real Bexley is a bitter little girl, and she is climbing toward the top of a mountain, leaving Solterra so far behind.

-Bexley/RB
Reason:I just love how raw this quote is, and how much it gives away about bexleys characters

Show us:  There is no safe 
Give her blood, and give her glory. A Solterran lives to die on the sand. -Adonai
Reason: Very simple, but seemed very fitting for the new sovereign to say

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »