Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Some enchanting evening... [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Azrael

There is an easiness between the shed-star and his queen, perhaps because Azrael had only known her in a moment of humility.  He does not know the outsider with anger quick to spark, only the concerned mother who searched for her child in a place desolate and built on magic.  While he knew her tongue to be sharp, he would not label Morrighan as unkind.  The shed-star appreciated her efficiency and pragmatic view on the world, and it would serve her well as queen.  For he had always preferred a realist than a dreamer, where leaders were concerned.  She reminded him, in a way, of the matriarch who had ruled over the People.  She had been a fair and just leader, dutiful until the end.  

For a moment, he seems lost in the thought, remembering.  The Great Mother had burned with her people, refusing to leave them even as she tried to sway them with reason.  Some had fled, taking heed her warning and making their way to Denocte with heavy hearts and stinging from the grief of loss.  But she had stayed, lamenting the foolishness of those who expected to be saved, even as she stood beside them to meet her final fate.  

He swallowed hard, pushing the memory away as she makes mention of Maeve’s precociousness.  Hopefully not too much like me  He chuckles, reminding her of the village she had built in this place.  “There are many who will help to guide the children here – our youth are the greatest gift, and we will protect and teach them well.”  Such was the way of the People.  Azrael himself had been raised by the collective, never knowing his true parents or their love – but it was not a bad upbringing, despite the occasional wondering.  For when many hands helped and many hearts loved, the People were stronger for it.

Azrael does not press the queen further, noting the confliction in her eyes when she glosses over his question.  It would be difficult, he imagined – both stepping into a new role and watching one who she had once called a friend turn away from this place.  He wanted to reassure her that she was doing well, to tell her that all would be alright… but it wasn’t the right time.  He wasn’t the right advisor.  So he simply sips at his drink and murmurs thoughtfully at her question.

“We must start with questions and learning.  After the festival, I plan to make my way to the Great Library for research.  Perhaps I will take Cicatrix with me?”  He was curious to know more of the lore here, knowing only what the shed-stars had taught about Caligo and her legacy.  And while he was a pious sort, life seemed to have gotten in front of his vassalage of late.  He needed to recenter and balance his priorities once more, focusing on more than his own desires.

“I think we should consider sending emissaries to the other courts as well, to see how things have evolved.  There have been many changes over the past year, and the stars speak of change still to come.”

Azrael
html by castlegraphics; artwork by magtox

@Azrael

Messages In This Thread
Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Azrael - 12-06-2020, 09:30 AM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Morrighan - 12-06-2020, 10:26 PM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Azrael - 12-08-2020, 06:50 AM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Morrighan - 12-22-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Azrael - 12-27-2020, 03:17 PM
RE: Some enchanting evening... [summer] - by Azrael - 01-01-2021, 02:50 PM