Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline lackadaisy [PM] Posts: 105 — Threads: 19
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Gods walked here.

It was amazing and frightening. She had never been a very religious young lady, but even she could not deny their presence. Perhaps she never had a reason to fully believe until now. "She has been killed..." Who? Who has been killed? The maiden fair had wandered to the growing crowd gathered, a look of shock and sadness on her face. She may not know the woman, she may not have heard of her... But it was still troubling news.

Several came to ply themselves after the Wild Haired Mare gives the news. Several place stock in longevity of the Court. Several give their own reasons. Willoughby Lovelace does not know why she moves after they step back. She feels the eyes of several on her very being. It resonates in her chest, where her heart beats. Her legs move of their own accord and the crowd parts to allow the woman through. Her eyes are only for the Wild Hair.

And her neck slips, dipping respectfully. Pounding, pounding... Her heart is fit to burst. “I am not from this land... I'm not even from this Court” she is aware of the eyes on her now as the young mare speaks. Judging her, her boldness or stupidity in doing this. “but, Novus is dear to me all the same. Denocte is dear to me despite my unaffiliating self” she cuts a shaky breath as her eyes raise “you take in the lost, the outcasts... you give them a home. A hope.”

Her eyes close as murmurs of agreement ring through the crowd. “I would like to think I agree with you all. Everyone deserves a chance at life, equal to the other Courts. And I would like to be part of this, if I may. I, Willoughby Lovelace, would like if you considered me. Y-Yes, I am young and inexperienced... but I would bring ideas to Denocte. New ones, with a fresh outtake.  I do not claim to know the previous Sovereign, and that is my regret...” she trails off, a respectful silence for the lost.

“I only wish to be a servant of the people, not a leader of a kingdom.” The maiden gives another bow of her head before stepping back, allowing others to come and go. To ply their ideas and themselves to the gods that watch down on them.

if you don't want to see me dancing with somebody new

About the RPer

Thanks for auditioning! Let's start with your name.
My name is Lackadaisy. But anyone can call me Daisy or Lacka.

Great! How old are you?
30 years of age.

Have you ever held a Position of Power before?
To be frank, not many opportunities have arisen. On Folklore, offsite, a wolf RP site... I had a pack between August and October, when the site closed for good. PoP on equine sites have eluded me until now, but it doesn't mean I'm not ready for the challenge.

Have you read the Sovereign Rules?
Yes, and I agree with them.

What aspect of Novus are you most excited about?
I have come back several times and left due to IRL, but when I come back... I always find the community to be the best aspect of the site. As a 'new' member, it warms my heart to be welcomed each day into the Discord and find posts waiting for me. I believe inclusiveness to be the backbone of any IC community, and I'd do my best to put this forward if I am chosen.

Other than that, I am amazed at most anything Novus haha.

Sovereign Questions

Why would your character be a good candidate to lead Denocte?
I know Willoughby is a Vagabond right now, but I've been looking to develop her. What better way than to throw her to the wolves? To force her to grow up, to make her think beyond rose-colored glasses... Really shape her as a character. Willoughby is a sensitive young lady but she is by no means perfect. She would err to a strong connection with her court, growing IC and OOC, and especially with her Champions, Regent, etc. I feel people could easily approach Willoughby for things, and she'd give them a fair shake. She would open the borders wide and include any court in her rule, until they are proven of wrongdoings against her own.

What would be their goals as Sovereign? What would they do with their new power?
As a bard, Willoughby loves entertainment. I would love to set up some IC events centered around creativity, the arts and the less chosen merchant role. The Night Market is a favorite of mine on the site, and I'd like for it to be incorporated more into events. For the arts, some nice prompts IC where members can display not their artistic talent (because some people can't draw!) but their creativeness in stock pictures, moodboards, etc.

As for having 'power', Willoughby would probably not let it go to her head. She would seek to cooperate with all the Courts. She is a newcomer to Novus and would, again, err to the judgement of more experienced folks. That just means Daisy and Bee have a lot to learn, and are willing to place OOC aside for the sake of growing IC. I hope to forge strong friendships IC and OOC, and immediately approach people to thread and fill positions!

I also hope that I can learn more about the Novus system through Willoughby if given a chance of PoP.

You've got us convinced. Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Thank you for the opportunity, and I hope to be given a fair vote hehe.

Messages In This Thread
RE: from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Willoughby - 01-02-2021, 04:32 PM
RE: from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Ira - 01-05-2021, 03:36 PM
RE: from the void [SOVEREIGN AUDITIONS] - by Kassandra - 01-10-2021, 07:13 PM