Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you raise me up to more than I can be

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

The Mountains had always been a source of peace for Katniss, a place where she could think without fear of being heard or bothered. Up in the mountains, the air was crisp and clean. The only sounds she heard was the sound of her own breathing and the trees swaying in the wind. Up here, Katniss felt herself.

So many things had happened recently, so many things she wished she understood. When she had returned home, she had been met with Morrighan’s questions and now she was left with more questions than she had answers to. What had happened to Morrighan? What had happened to the court she vowed to protect? Her queen had been killed and she could do nothing to stop it. She felt like a failure, something Katniss did not like to feel.

A warrior is supposed to be strong and unwavering. It seemed that lately, Katniss was not the warrior she thought she was. Since her return, she felt more lost than ever before. What was she going to do? She supposed she would do as she had always done: protect Denocte with her life. Nothing had changed in that sense.

On this particular morning, Katniss had come to the mountain to think. She needed to talk to Caligo, to try and make sense of Denocte’s future. The unknowing was frightening, not really for her, per say, but more for her son. Kibou needed protection. Kibou needed leadership, leadership she wasn’t so sure she could give him. At least on the mountain, she was able to clear her head, to try and purify herself for her talk with the gods. She wasn’t sure if anyone was actually listening, but she supposed it made her feel better.

The warrior stands on the edge of a cliff, her large neck hanging forward so she can look down below. She feels the way the breeze whips through her hair and it makes her feel alive, even though her heart feels dead inside.

But there is a sound behind her, the kick of a pebble as another approaches. Ears flick back to meet the sound, hearing then the footfalls of another. Respectfully, she turns her neck to strain towards the stranger, her eyes resting on a one she only knows by reputation. She has never met him before, though she admits to seeing him from time to time. “Have you come to clear your head?” People came to the mountain to run, to pray, or to reflect. She had come here to do all three at least once in her time here. But no longer was this day about her and her own self-reflection. Now she had to entertain.

@Tenebrae - I am terrible with starters and I apologize profusely.