Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Karma [PM] Posts: 53 — Threads: 11
Signos: 760
Day Court Warden
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  19.2 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 14  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Kerauno (Blue Swallow)

galileo kodarki

i felt the touch of the kings and the breath of the wind

Gently laying his head over her in an almost protective manner, he eyed the dogs to make sure they weren't overly protective of their mistress. The last thing he wanted was to be ripped to shreds by his best friend's pets, after all. The question she asked was a poignant one, and it filled his golden-amber eyes with a sadness he had not displayed often. "I've heard rumours, here and there, but nothing solid. I should have made more of an effort to track them down, but I didn't want my quests to end in disappointment". Or worse, he thought, learning that his friends had left the earthly world. "Was there someone in particular you hoped to see?"

His own mind was cast back to his son, the foal who came to being out of necessity instead of love. Darsith. The horse had been nothing like his father except for his emotionlessness, and, as far as he was aware, he had never performed the duty he had been brought into the world for -- to be an heir to the Lyrian throne. Syrilth and Galileo had lost track of the foal and he had gone awry. 

Now his heart beat as one: alone, unattached, unloved, and oh, so forlorn. 

Grunting as he shifted his (heavy) weight to a more comfortable position, he let thoughts of the past drift from his mind, and turned back to the present. "So you heal in the mountains, eh?" A hint of his accent shone through. "But who do you serve?" He questioned, trying to understand her position. All the talk of acolytes and apprentices made his head hurt, as hierarchy seemed to do these days. Still, it assured him that Luvena was doing well, if she had command over others. Pride swelled in him.

When she asked if he was safe, he reassured her with a smile; it was a smile that bundled all the feelings in the world into one small twitch of a muscle. "I am, now I have you to protect me!" It was a joke, but a sincere one, though it was likely to be the other way round for the pair. "I had nothing to stay here for until I found you again, and if this is your home, so shall it be mine."

This was more than Galileo had ever spoken in his life, and it was all for his best friend (one of the most pure loves of all, is friendship), his confidant, and his only true source of comfort in the everchanging world.
« r »

[Image: ddjamb1-122f9879-334b-49d3-9bc8-46d9c2fb...TM43jI0AC0]
EASE MY TROUBLES, THAT'S WHAT YOU DO

Messages In This Thread
Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Luvena - 01-03-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: Summer Dreams, Ripped at the Seams - by Galileo - 01-05-2021, 03:56 PM