Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - my voice drowned out in the thunder

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sabrina

sabrina,

Sabrina was learning a lot about the natural world in her quest to find her sister-- things she never knew she cared about, and, if she was being honest, still didn’t care about. Like how the desert was not all heaping sand piles and gritty wind-- it was hard, in places, with compact, gravelly soil, and knee-high shrubs, and cacti that towered even above her. There were mountains in the distance, great monoliths of sandstone colored in layers by the etching of time. Absent of rain, the sky was always clear and beautiful, and when the lighting was right, an aurora of purple waves would dance along the horizon.

It was still pretty shitty, though.

Look, maybe, secretly, she liked the desert. Maybe that’s why she had stuck herself here in Solterra, besides just being the first place she’d come to when she got here. Maybe she liked being alone and being tested by the elements. Maybe she liked the idea of her body being swallowed by the sand should something happen to her here-- snakebite, broken leg, lightning strike. Maybe she could see Puck again and be like well, I tried.

But dying would be giving up and Sabrina hadn’t given up on a damn thing in her life.

Delph’s trail had gone cold once she’d come to Novus. All the leads and letters she and Teska had pieced together-- the ties that bound Delphine to the strange organization known as the Indigo Road and its shady members-- had vanished in a puff of smoke. Which meant that she was either here, on the continent, or there was another trail to pick up.

The Indigo Road was a magic elitist society that believed (from what Sabrina could glean) those with magic would rule over those without. So Sabrina was busy scouting for the strongest sources of magic. Novus was a place where god-like beings walked the earth. Solterra had been the first; Delumine and Denocte were also on her list of places to check.

In the distance, in front of the violet waves of refracted light, there was a shadow. Sabrina squinted. It was moving, which meant it was probably alive. Or the heat had finally scrambled what little wits she had left.

The shade, whatever it was, was moving perpendicular to her; as she got closer (unwilling to change her direction out of sheer stubbornness and, maybe, a bit of a deathwish) Sabrina could mark some familiarities, most notably the fluffy, white feet, like some bad children’s art project. Sabrina squinted harder. She recognized those dumb white feet.

She hated those dumb white feet.

Before she could think to stop herself, her stolen wings snapped out in anger; foreign magic fizzled in her blood and went straight to her head, sending her heartbeat racing. She lifted off the ground in a wing beat, sending pebbles clattering out behind her, and made a beeline for those ugly red streaks. Her scapulars flexed forward and she went into a shallow dive, ears pinned back, high on the magic boiling her blood.

She landed in front of Sloane with her nostrils flaring, sending up a cloud of dust with her impact.

“Hey, chameleon bitch,” she snarled, “I got a bone to pick with you.”

@Sloane | "Speech." | here we go yo here we go

Messages In This Thread
my voice drowned out in the thunder - by Sloane - 01-03-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: my voice drowned out in the thunder - by Sabrina - 01-05-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: my voice drowned out in the thunder - by Sabrina - 01-16-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: my voice drowned out in the thunder - by Sabrina - 01-24-2021, 06:43 PM