Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - my voice drowned out in the thunder

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sabrina

sabrina,
I’m being nice.

Sabrina rolled her eyes so hard her nose hurt. She rolled her eyes into the fucking stars.

And at the back of her mind, she heard:  “I wouldn’t go so far as to say any of this has been particularly pleasant--,”

“You being nice looks an awful lot like you being a stupid shit, so could’ve fooled me,” Sabrina managed to say once her eyes had returned from orbit and righted themselves in her head.

At one time, when there was a possibility that Sloane had a brain in her head and she’d mentioned Sabrina’s sister, yeah, that had gotten a response out of her, a rise. But this time, Sabrina just rolled her eyes again-- a little bit smaller arc this time, they were still recovering from their last launch-- and snorted. “You ask stupid questions. If I’d found her, you think I’d be here talking to your ass? Please.”

No, if she’d found Delph she could say buh-bye to this entire loser continent full of loser people and just. Just go home. Go home and… and do what? Mourn?

She frowned, then. She’d never had the time to mourn.

Sloane’s head-bully-in-charge comeback snapped Sabrina out of her somber thoughts. “Oh, please,” she scoffed, “like there is anything to know about you. You’re shallow, you’re self-centered, your only real power is disappearing. You ain’t novel.”

The comment about Delph probably being dead was, most likely, meant to drive some sort of fear into Sabrina’s heart-- but it just made her laugh. It wasn’t fake, either, it was a genuine, chest-rattling guffaw. It felt good. “Haaa, thanks for that, I needed it.”

Delph was going to outlive this whole world.

And if she was dead? If Sabrina was chasing ghosts?

It’s not like she had the choice not to. It didn’t matter, in the end.

And if Delph was dead, and Sabrina found her eventually, well, then she’d probably, finally, have enough time to mourn.  

"Do you even know where you're going?"

@Sloane | "Speech." |

Messages In This Thread
my voice drowned out in the thunder - by Sloane - 01-03-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: my voice drowned out in the thunder - by Sabrina - 01-05-2021, 03:25 PM
RE: my voice drowned out in the thunder - by Sabrina - 01-16-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: my voice drowned out in the thunder - by Sabrina - 01-24-2021, 06:43 PM