Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - over the hills and through the glen

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline lackadaisy [PM] Posts: 105 — Threads: 19
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Denocte had, in her humble opinion, a good piece of land. From mountains to this prairie, Willoughby felt it was as diverse as its citizens. She longed to meet all of them as well as explore every part of this realm. Her stop today made the maiden feel content. A large expanse stretched before her, welcoming and beckoning her forth.

She liked wide open places as well as cities. But there was only so much she could do in both before getting bored. As a vagabond currently, Willoughby had the world. She held in lovingly to her chest. Nothing tied her down, nothing demanded her attention... It was sad and wonderful. She wanted more, but she also knew she'd miss what she had.

Merely taking the time this afternoon to walk the prairie, the maiden hummed softly. She was working on a tune to play at the Night Market; something lighthearted and full of the season's blessing. Summer was an excellent time to work on music, for she found the muse came to her easier. Slowing to a halt, she realized she wasn't alone.

Another being ahead of her, perhaps unaware of her existence... She walked slowly from behind, her neck low as she hoped to catch a glimpse of their face. 

“speech”

if you don't want to see me dancing with somebody new

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Look Forward... Trust Yourself... Find Peace

Polar North shook her head as she traversed through the prairie. It was drier than she liked, but she couldnt stay in the lake all day by any means. Too much stuff that she needed to do. The young mare had given herself over to the task of becoming a medic with her whole heart. However, she was lonely. She stayed to herself for the most part, head down and trying to learn everything to the best of her abilities. She had even been able to make a salve that soothed the pain from her savaged tail.

Stopping in the middle of the prairie, Pol lifted her head and gazed up at the sky. It was peaceful on land, such a vast change from the oceans that made her tremor with fear. No sharks, no family to spurn you and abandon you on an ice flow. While she had said that she had forgiven her sister, the thought of Bel still made her heart clench in pain. It was hard to think of letting another into her heart, to trust anyone. That was a big part of why she had been so solitary in her life. Shaking her head, she gazed at the grasses around her and relished the warmth of the sun on her back. It wasnt often that the sun felt so wonderful, being a creature from glacial oceans. Today, the sun felt like a warm hug, her body kept cool thanks to the vapor radiating off of her frame.

The approach of hooves startled the young mare and she whipped around to see the equine. She was of similar height, though a bit finer boned in general. Her colors were dusky and appealing to the aquatic mare. Dipping her head in greeting, she smiled softly.

"Hello. How are you this fine day?" Pol asked politely, slipping into her medic training as she lifted her eyes, all four of them, to  gaze at the other figure.

"Speaking"
@Willoughby
Notes: Hope you dont mind me throwing my little lady in here <3

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

Inactive Character

The other would turn, but Willoughby already could see that this one was special.

Fins. A tail like a fish. Their body was ivory, highlighted in deep aquamarine. Lavender coating with darker accents. Yes, this one was special in the sense that she had never seen their like before. Delighted to come across something new, Willoughby almost pranced on the spot.

There was a simple delight in finding new things in the world. “I am quite well, thank you” came her chirp. The bird was delighted to meet a nice polite being. “did I interrupt you?” Willoughby added, tilting her head to the side.

“I haven't met many of Night Court” she goes on “not formally anyway” she had sang and danced at the markets though “do you live here?”

“speech”

Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Pol watched the other mare as she took in the aquatic aspects of her own form. There was something akin to excitement on her features and Pol found herself smiling as well. Her responded greeting was pleasant, almost bird-like and it made the little medic perk her ears. There was something very familiar in the way the other spoke, something less than your traditional equine. Something refreshing after being in this world and away from the more reptilian creatures that were her kind.

"Nope, no interruptions. It is a day off, so I was just wandering and enjoying it." Pol responded warmly, lavender eyes warm and sparkling with happiness. She loved to meet new beings.

"I do live here, though most of my time is spent learning to be a medic. I was saved by one when I was a pup, uh... no... foal. Sorry, sometimes I forget the correct term for those around me. I came from a very different world." Pol laughed softly as she tried to wrap her mind around the correct terms. Her initial family had been a pod, the terms being more akin to whales or dolphins than horses. "Where do you call home?" Pol asked, curious about the other being that she was speaking to.

"Speaking"
@Willoughby
Notes: ---

Inactive Character

So this was a member of Night Court after all. The equine proclaimed she was studying to be a medic. Willoughby had met a lot of medics so far; she wondered if it was commonplace in Novus. “Ah, a day off from studying?” she inquires, tilting her head “do you have a teacher at the court?” She had been blessed with a tutor that grew into a mentor.

“The road is my home thus far” the maiden replies easily, smiling “the courts call me vagabond, and it fits for now. I haven't a proper home; Novus is not somewhere I had been born to.” She has found that she has to explain this a lot, but does not mind. There are all walks of life out there. No sovereign called to her yet. No regent, no champions...

She did not like to make a commitment without knowing who ruled over her. “My name is Willoughby, by the by.”

“speech”

Night Court Medic

Pol smiled and laughed softly. The other mare's tilt of the head made her shake her own. "Not really... I dont have anyone that is officially teaching me, just me driving myself to be the best that I can be. I was saved by a medic of sorts when I was a foal and now I am trying to make her proud. So, i try to learn from anyone that will teach me, as well as from books." She explained, wishing that she had an official mentor. Perhaps she should seek around later.

Pol nodded as she listened to the winged mare. "I can understand that. I was born far north from here. After a rough start, I ended up traveling a lot. When I reached Novus and heard of the hospital in Terrastella, I decided that I would stay and learn what I could. Night court just fit me better personally, so I joined here." The aquatic mare explained, gazing around the prairie. She loved her court, even though she hadnt been born in it.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Willoughby. I am Polar North, though most just call me Pol." Pol beamed at the other mare as they finally exchanged names. It was so nice to speak to someone new and get to know them.

"Speaking"
@Willoughby

Inactive Character

“There is a hospital in Novus?” Willoughby could not help but gasp in subtle amazement. She hadn't actually noticed one last time she had been in that area, and learning something new was exciting. “surely one of the medics there could teach you!” she added brightly, wondering just what sort of equines worked there.

She would have to visit, but she doubted the busy medics wouldn't want her stomping around without a reason. Willoughby made plans to go to the front before looking it over, then leave. She didn't want to bother anyone. “I had a teacher” the maiden went on “well, a music instructor. I am a traveling bard, still new at my craft really.” She bobs her head a bit

“Having a mentor is a wonderful thing. It helps us grow bigger and better” she left out the part she had actually fallen for her teacher briefly. Willoughby knew it wasn't very professional. “what sort of thing attracted you to Night Court, Pol?” she asked, smiling.

“speech”

Night Court Medic

Pol nodded excitedly as she gazed at the other mare. "There is, though I have only been there a few short times. Perhaps I should ask, though I must admit that I a bit nervous about speaking to them about it. I am not very good with asking for help." The young treader laughed softly, shaking her head at her own issues.

"That sounds wonderful! Have you seen all of the courts then?" She asked, lavender eyes brightening as she listened to the other mare explain her rank. She had never really met anyone that was a bard before and she was fascinated.

Pol considered Willoughby's question for a moment, really wanting to make sure she answered it in a way that made sense to others. Ocean knew she was chaotic at times. "I think the passion and protectiveness of the court. Caligo... Well, lets just say that I resonate with the goddess and her past. I was an unwanted pup when I was young, and I found myself drawn to the goddess and what she stands for." Pol was stumbling to explain it, figuring that she had done a horrible job of it. There was still a lot of trauma where her past was concerned, and a lot that she needed to work through to be a better version of herself.

"Speaking"
@Willoughby

Inactive Character

“I don't think anyone really is” Willoughby remarks with compassion and understanding. Asking for help was a big step, and even she was loathed to admit she may need to do more... Be more. Perhaps she should start in strengthening herself, but how? Everyone seemed to be leagues above her in terms of strength.

She nods to Pol's question. “By now, yes” which opened questions to how long she had been in Novus “I don't really have a favorite place... I heard Night celebrates entertainers and peddlers, but I haven't found my place in Denocte.” And perhaps she never would.

“Forgive my ignorance but what does your goddess stand for?” she couldn't help but ask, seeing as if she was to perform in the Night Market... Well, the maiden had to know of their religion. She had to learn and perhaps incorporate those tales into her stories.

“speech”

Night Court Medic

Pol snorted. "I suppose that is true enough." She agreed, thinking of the few times that she had asked herself. Most had gone badly for one reason or another. Heck, begging her sister for help when she was a pup had went the opposite of what she had hoped. But that was something that she needed to discuss with Bel and try to move forward from the trauma.

The young aquatic mare nodded, listening to the winged creature as she spoke. "I can understand that. I have been so busy with trying to teach myself my craft... I have barely gotten out to see the realm. The Night Markets are fascinating, though a little intimidating to one that has spent most of her life in the wilds alone. I find Vitreus Lake to be my haven, water and peace all wrapped in one. Without the predators of the ocean." The last phrase was said with a shudder, fear of sharks nearly causing her to panic.

Pol smiled, thinking of the goddess that she had become passionate about. "Caligo, at least to me, represents passion, protectiveness, and being wary. I cant help but align with them. I had a terrible start to life, causing me to be wary but extremely passionate about helping those that need it. She was spurned by her family, another thing that resonates with me. I was away from my blood family for longer than I can remember due to the triton, the leader... My mother died protecting me, but I was injured in the process. The leader made the decision that I was too dangerous for the pod to have near... The wound was calling to the sharks in the water and we were being hunted." She couldnt speak about the morning that she had been left. The pain was still too raw. "I was found shortly after by a nomadic herd of horses and their healer helped me to get better. She taught me a bit, but I was so young that I glossed over a lot of what she taught me. Now, i hope that someday I can help others like she helped me. She is my inspiration behind becoming a medic." Pol wasnt sure that she had answered the question, but it was the best she could do with the chaotic thoughts in her mind.

"Speaking"
@Willoughby

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »