Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - = How I made my millions

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rannveig

Break me down and build me up
'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins
For as much as she stayed well within the borders of her Dusk kingdom--the quiet tranquility the only song she knew the lyrics to--many gathered before she was even aware of their presence. She was lost in the ways of their simple lives and how everything seemed to move around them. The cliff held the sea at bay, the swamp bore life in murky waters; the fields cradled them all and nursed the quiet-hearted. She was as enchanted by their delicate livelihood as she had been the previous year--the passage of time could not diminish their beauty. And she had spent that year learning all she could of the Terrastella lands, its bodies worn thin under the fine caresses of her fingertips.

Maybe lingering around the walls of the Dusk Court had made her soft, a lackadaisical girl who wished only to dream. The tenderness of the grasses and gentle brush of passing winds. But maybe she had always been that way, the rough-ravaged warrior of a snowy land the fortress she built around herself. She was a child-princess at heart; she had never really left that part of her behind once she submitted herself to Jarl.

The summer heat pushed her into the confines of the Court's tower, lighted torches bouncing flames off walls and the tapestries they held. The stairs that spiraled upward had claimed her weight more than once in the few passing moments as she moved from floor to floor. The empty rooms stared back at her through their wide entrance eyes and gaping mouths that held a myriad of purposes; one, resting gently but floors above her, holding the sleeping Florentine in its arm. And though one had dared to rattle the foundation of the stone tower, his weight meant nothing to the breathing rock beneath his hooves and mighty wings. The ancient castle merely sighed against the kiss of his hooves as he set off to find a different kind of purchase--there was no give, no sign of submission from the heart of their court.

And so with his announcement she made way down the stairs and through the parts of the tower she had previously paced. Such an introduction could not be for one who held himself of little importance, and the choice to rouse instead of wait reminded her of the warriors in Jarl. Her comrades in the frostbitten camp knew nothing of meek-mindedness; through weak knees and battle-torn skin they pressed themselves into the snow and never bent under the will of complacency.

Perhaps Solis had found his warrior after all.

The sun shone harsh against her creams and fell a lover into her starry blues, a body bold yet traced with delicate strokes. She emerged from the tower's entrance to find those of her own with strangers--particularly that stranger that she had assumed held much spirit. There was no mention of the Day Court but she could clearly place the boy and his partner as coming from the sand-claimed lands. Conversation was dying off as she waded through the soft grasses around them, approaching from behind her Emissary and Warden with gentle touches of her muzzle against their hindquarters in greeting. The sharp faces of her visitors did not concern her as they had Morozko; she stood slightly abreast of them and held neutral features while bowing her head in welcome. "Your call has been heard." Heavily accented words slipped into the spaces between the two sovereigns and rested softly there. Sea-green eyes moved from him to the 'Avdotya' once. "At times, waiting is best form of strategy." And a smile crossed her lips.

With them, with lion and wolf, perhaps one could only wait to see who would strike first.
CREDITS

@Maxence

Messages In This Thread
= How I made my millions - by Maxence - 08-15-2017, 06:05 AM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Morozko - 08-15-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Avdotya - 08-18-2017, 10:26 AM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Florentine - 08-18-2017, 04:49 PM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Rannveig - 08-22-2017, 10:31 PM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Seraphina - 09-01-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: = How I made my millions - by Maxence - 09-04-2017, 07:17 AM