Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Waters of Peace

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kassandra

to stubborn to see i've been mentally unable to find,
serenity, i'm living in this faded reality

Kassandra tilted her head on a deep angle, questions running up and down her throat, her neck. “Do you remember your homeland?” she asked, thinking of her own (her own?). Nigh on four years now, Furae was beginning to be a blur in her brain… not that it was ever anything else. An exploding smudge of color and heat, the smell of blood and sulfur, the crackle of the magic portal, and then it was gone forever.

She continued, prodding a bit-- but the questions were genuine and less out of interrogation than a childlike wonder at discovering something completely new. “Did you leave on purpose? Or was it an accident?”

jeez, Kas, let the girl breathe, Oculos said, followed by an adorable sneeze. agh, I got duckweed in my nose.

“Hush, you,” Kas scolded, loving, their repartee snapping her out of her gloom. What followed then was the endearing, but awkward, occurrence when two very nice people who have no idea what to do in a social situation find themselves in a social situation: lots of apologizing, stumbling, and fumbling.

Pol’s face fell because she thought she upset Kassandra, which was absolutely not the case; Kassandra, then, found herself on a scrambling downward path to reassure Pol of this, and also feeling bad because she had upset Pol. “No, no, it was nothing you said, it’s just my own… silly self, I think. Apologies.” Kass wanted to hearten her new friend so much that she took a step forward and sank up to her chest in riverbank much. “Oh. Whoops.”

HA! Oculos snapped, teeth a flash of white.

“Hush, you!” Kassandra whispered back, a bit louder this time. She frowned and tried to unstick herself. It was difficult going. “Oh, well, at least it’s cooler in here.” She flipped her frown and smiled up, now, at Polar North. “Sticking your tail in your mouth! That’s funny. I quite like that saying.” Her ears titled forward as Pol explained her own relation to the court; after which, Kassandra nodded. “I know what you mean. First we feel like we must have a purpose, right? A purpose to feel useful?”

your purpose is standing in mud, apparently, Oculos snickered, tongue lolling with good humor.

“If the first thing I do when I get unstuck is punch him,” Kassandra told Polar North through a forced smile “please do not think less of me.”

"SPEECH" oculos speech ! @Polar North

Messages In This Thread
Waters of Peace - by Polar North - 01-07-2021, 01:53 PM
RE: Waters of Peace - by Kassandra - 01-24-2021, 01:12 PM
RE: Waters of Peace - by Polar North - 01-24-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: Waters of Peace - by Kassandra - 01-27-2021, 12:26 PM
RE: Waters of Peace - by Polar North - 02-03-2021, 02:09 PM
RE: Waters of Peace - by Kassandra - 02-06-2021, 05:48 PM
RE: Waters of Peace - by Polar North - 02-24-2021, 01:52 PM
RE: Waters of Peace - by Kassandra - 03-06-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: Waters of Peace - by Polar North - 03-10-2021, 01:43 PM
RE: Waters of Peace - by Kassandra - 03-31-2021, 12:56 PM