Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - tamed.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lunar [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 3
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Arkhandirr
""rich kid, asshole, paint me like a villain""

The court life, Arkhandirr did not find many issues in getting used to. While it is taking him slightly longer, since usually he would have found the nearest place of entertainment and started to mingle, this time he had been keeping more to himself. While he was still as infuriating as ever, even he needed a break from this. Learning about Denocte and Caligo had been the break he had sought for so long. He needed a purpose, something to keep him tethered on the grounds he walked on. While his personality may be deceiving to some, deep down he craved this guidance, a place he would be able to learn how to forget. A place he may one day call his home, away from all the hurt and heartbreak seated deep in his heart. Arkhandirr wasn't a good man, he did not feel a reason to change either, but he could not help wanting more in life than this. He wanted to have reason to change.

This is how he found himself wandering Denocte, trying to familiarise himself with the land and letting the winds guide him. This is how he found himself in the night court itself. He had not met those in power just yet, but if he was getting serious about actually staying, he ought to seek them out one day. Today would not be that, though. While he would not be against meeting someone today, he still found comfort just being alone. This is why he wandered more near the outskirts of the large stone building, taking in his surroundings for just a moment.

“speak” | ooc: open to all. ♥
DEEHLIA

[Image: icon-by-fintron.png]

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

some women fear the fire
some simply become it

It's another day without any sign of Al'Zahra and the sound of those goddamn chains.

I've had the guards keep an eye out for her and told them as soon as she's spotted, to apprehend her immediately and bring her to me. I suppose lucky for her, they haven't seen her because I'm not really sure what I would do if I saw her again.

The fact that she didn't have the decency to bring our daughter back herself makes my blood boil. Instead some random soldier from Dawn Court brought her back. Thank Caligo she managed to pick one that's trustworthy and didn't just decide to kidnap Maeve.

What's worse is Maeve keeps asking about her. I don't know what to tell her. Sorry daughter, your other mother decided she doesn't give a shit anymore and abandoned you. She abandoned me before you were born. It probably pained her to even spend a shred of time with you. Maeve is too young to comprehend such concepts and as fun as shitting on others' happiness can be, I don't ever want to do that to my sweet daughter. She doesn't deserve that. So I say Al'Zahra is on a trip and I'm not sure when she will be back.

These are the thoughts that seem to plague my mind these days and keep me from sleeping. Of course I always had an issue with insomnia, but this makes it worse. Part of me fears she'll come out of nowhere and take Maeve from me just to spite me. Bram tells me he'll never let that happen as he always has a watchful eye on my daughter when I'm not around. Usually she doesn't suspect anything.

When I round the corner of the castle, I'm shaken from my thoughts when I see a man wandering around. I don't know who he is personally, but I vaguely remember him as one of the new Court members. Still, the fact that he's just wandering around aimlessly makes me suspicious.

"Looking for something?" I ask, not really caring if my arrival startles him. It's likely the judgment will be clearly shown on my face. "You're new here, aren't you?" I wait to introduce myself because I'm curious about his character and if he might already know who he's speaking to. If he's smart, he won't try anything stupid.

"Speaking."
credits

@Arkhandirr hope you don't mind him meeting the Regent after all haha

Inactive Character

Arkhandirr

It was a testament to how out of his element he was feeling when he had not even noticed the smaller figure nearing him. The voice that greeted him also did not really leave any room for him to bullshit his way around, really. As he turned around, golden eyes met piercing blue and brown ones filled with what would no doubt be judgment.

He did take a moment to compose himself, his usual mask slipping back tightly on his face - albeit less than usual. The aura surrounding her was different, the way she carried herself made him think twice about the words he chose. He supposed it was rather suspicious with how he had been walking around but for once his intentions were far from malicious. Was he looking for something? Not really. Mental peace, maybe, but that was not something he was going to tell to just anyone, especially not a stranger that looked like she could gut him the moment he made a wrong move.

"Familiarising myself." he spoke, his voice lacking the playfulness he usually would bring into it. If she was of higher standing he wasn't about to have his first interaction be bad. There was enough time for that.
"That I am, I don't believe we have met yet, I think?" Well, he knew for sure they had not met, but he was cautious. "I'm Arkhandirr, miss.. ?"

“speak” | ooc: she b r e a t h e d and he got nervous... smart man. 8)
DEEHLIA

| @Morrighan

Morrighan

some women fear the fire
some simply become it

It seems a bit odd to me that he would be familiarizing himself with the outside of the castle. It's not like he's stepped back farther away to admire the citadel. Instead, he was just… along the outskirts. I look at him with narrowed eyes. I don't trust anyone these days (did I ever?).

"You might find it better to wander the streets and the markets rather than the castle walls. More to look at there," I suggest, my tone flat. Most would give others the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not too sure.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when he doesn't know who I am either. I let out a snort. "Since you're new here, I'll forgive your ignorance." My jaw is clenched as it takes everything in me not to lose it. "My name is Morrighan, I'm the Night Court Regent." Hopefully he will not forget it after this.

I conjure a small ball of fire in the air between us. As much as it wants to float over to the man and singe his skin, I keep it close to me and play with it as if it were a physical ball. I let it bounce in the air and the heat radiating from it is comforting with the cold winter air surrounding us.

"Arkhandirr," a name I will have to try and remember as it sounds so foreign on my tongue, "Where did you come from before you joined the Court?" I remember when I just thought Ourania to be the only other realm out there. Instead, the world is a strange, vast place, and there are probably too many other realms and worlds to count. I don't plan on figuring out how it all works, but it can be useful information to get a sense of someone's origins (if they give enough away, anyways).

"Speaking."
credits

@Arkhandirr

Inactive Character

Arkhandirr

It would make more sense to any other to roam the streets instead, but not to him. While it looked more than just suspicious, he wanted to know every place he could hide at, just in case. For what? Well.. that was not something he would share with anyone, a secret he would keep even beyond his inevitable end at the grave. Truth to be told, he did not care how it looked, it was for his own piece of mind and if others did not agree with that, it was their problem, not his. .. Not that he would disclose this information to the fiery woman in front of him. Instead he simply bowed his head in the slightest to convey he would keep it in mind next time. Or try to, at least.

Her next words made his jaw clench minutely. Regent? Great, just his luck again, he must have truly jinxed himself asking to not meet anyone of power in the courts. Well, there was nothing he could do about it now, he guessed. He only hoped he had not fucked up too bad just yet. As she - Morrighan - conjured the small ball of fire out of seemingly nothing, his golden eyes were drawn to it instinctually. While he was not too familiar with magic - having been born in a no magic household - from afar he still admired those who could harness this power. Through his quiet admiring of this power, he understood the underlying meaning from it all too clear. It was not a full threat, but a warning nonetheless. One he heeded carefully.

The warmth that pierced through the cold winter air was a nice change, though. The long navy coat he used to carry had been destroyed a long time ago, his own fault for threading a little too deep in someone else's business. It was lucky this was the only thing shredded to mere fabric scraps.

He supposed it would do him more good if he told the truth to the question she asked about where he came from. Not that there was anything to lie about, he would sincerely be surprised if anyone recognised his home land.

"I've traveled a lot before coming here, never stayed in one place for too long,--"
lest he be hunted down by those whoms heart he broke. "I lived in Qarlya before this."

“speak”
DEEHLIA

| @Morrighan

Morrighan

some women fear the fire
some simply become it

Morrighan continues to throw the fireball up in the air, letting it bounce up and down in her grasp. It seems to have done the trick in warning the man, although apparently it shut him up too. On another note, it fascinates her just how many are scared of fire when she grew up her whole life being in love with it.

When he does finally speak to answer her question, the Regent wonders why he needed to travel so much. It seems suspicious - had he committed crimes he had to run away from? What sort of dangers could he be bringing to Denocte? Of course, the land he speaks of isn't one she's familiar with either.

"Never heard of it," she says, throwing the fireball a bit higher now. "What do you plan to do now that you're here in our Court?" Morr wants to ask why he never settled down, but that can be a question for later. She's more concerned with what he intends to do in the present and future rather than the details of his past.

"Speaking."
credits

@Arkhandirr (sorry for the sudden tense change! I'm not feeling 1st with Morr anymore)

Inactive Character

Arkhandirr

As much as he wanted to simply walk around the regent's smaller stature and flirt his way out of what ever interrigation this had come to be; he was smarter than that. He had had enough times in his past few years where he had acted more than stupid - it was a wonder he was even alive today with the last stunt he had pulled. But no, contrary to popular belief he did want to make a home for himself - even if it for some reason ended up being a temporary one.

While golden eyes still followed the ball of fire, his frame did seem to lose some of the initial tenseness. He supposed he could somewhat understand her reservations towards him - even if she did not know of his history yet. Appearing 'distracted' by the fire did give him an excuse to take just a tad bit longer to form his words without giving too much away.

"I have traveled a lot this past year and all I wish is to regain peace and settle down. A wish for most, I suppose."
he replied, eyes moving to meet hers. "Does that answer your question enough, Regent Morrighan?"

“speak”
DEEHLIA

| @Morrighan <3 doesn't matter hehe, as long as you're comfortable with how you're writing ~

Morrighan

some women fear the fire
some simply become it

The Regent isn't sure what she expected to hear from the man. His life story? His aspirations in life? Maybe she doesn't care. She certainly wouldn't tell someone she just met all of those details, but then again she doesn't care much if others are suspicious of her. Quickly they'll realize how loyal to Denocte she is and they shouldn't have to question that. This man, however, hasn't proven his worth. She supposes though that just looking around isn't enough for her to keep him here.

"Does that answer your question enough, Regent Morrighan?"

"No, not really," she says flatly and raises her brow. "While I don't appreciate the sarcasm, I guess it'll do. For now."

Morrighan blows out the fireball in the air and it disappears in a puff of smoke. The smell fills her nose and her lungs. She's too used to the comfort of it for it to hurt her anymore.

"As long as you don't bring your baggage with you, you might have a place here after all," she says, beginning to walk away. There are more important things she can be doing now, although it doesn't mean she'll be forgetting him in the slightest.

"Take care, Arkhandirr." And with that, she leaves. Hopefully making a good enough impression so the man doesn't try to do anything stupid in the future. If he does, she'll be watching.

"Speaking."
credits

@Arkhandirr hope you don't mind that I've closed it here! I'd love to thread them again in the future and maybe Morr will be a little nicer?? Haha

Inactive Character

Arkhandirr

The warning would be heeded – of course. As long as it would not get him immediately shoved out.. he was fine with this. He did hope to see her again, even though their interaction was not one of the most friendliest ones, it also was not hostile in nature.
This is why, even as his proud self – he bowed his head at her, showing at least some form of respect. It was the least he could do under those circumstances.

A black fringe tipped in gold fell over a singular golden eye as he watched her walk away, taking it as his turn to find a place to rest now as well.

“You take care as well, I’m very happy I could meet you.” While his words might not have been completely truthful, he knew from experience it wasn’t wise to rile up people in seats of power. Lest it bite him in the ass – again.
As she turned away, he did so too, letting air inside his lungs escape slowly into the darkened skies.

Now.. to find something to eat.

“speak”
DEEHLIA |

- Fin