Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a friend in need

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 6
Signos: 645
Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

The stallion was delighted to hear the frail mare accept his offer and a small breath that he was unaware that he had been holding exhaled softly through his nares. She expressed her desire to continue to rest and he bobbed his large head in agreement. “Of course, of course. I was merely offering it as an option once you were ready to move again.” He had a feeling that she was quite used to taking care of herself and wouldn’t be terribly accepting if he pushed too hard to tend to her needs. Despite her frame being quite ill, she clearly had some strength to her. Whether that simply be a mental strength he was unsure, but that type of strength was almost more important than that of the muscle. After all, the body was willing to do amazing and sometimes fantastical things if the mind only willed it. And the same body, regardless of condition, could just as easily snuff out if the one who held it no longer had a will to keep it alive. He’d seen it only a handful of times, and it was a tragic thing. This mare, though, held none of that ache for the void. 

He watched as she relaxed into the shade and closed her eyes. His audits perked as she asked after his origins. The way she worded her question made him wonder if she had been traveling from a far off land herself. He shifted slightly, moving so that he might be a bit closer for easier communication. He didn’t want her to strain too much to hear him, and he didn’t want to raise his voice in a way that she might find unpleasant. 

“I was born to a small collective in the Arma Mountains. I stayed with my people, learning the ways of our medicine women until I turned three. Shortly after that, I found a place to settle myself closer to those of Caligo’s blessing. I have found that the people here are quite wary of the medics of Terrastella, but are in need of good medicine workers, regardless.” Gareth pauses in his thought for a moment, considering. “I’d like to travel to their hospitals, some day. I think there is much to be learned from their practices.” 

He indicated to his elk companion. “Noor, here, has been with me for most of my life. He’s very good at keeping people’s secrets if they choose to confide in him. I’ve found that many people are more comfortable with me working on their wounds, be they of flesh or the mind, if he is with me.” The stallion chuckled. 

“Sometimes I think he knows more about my patients than perhaps I do.”  

The elk gave Gareth a sly smile, but said nothing to his friend. His words were true, mostly. But that was simply because Gareth was too polite to pester people and push for more information than was freely given. It would be his downfall someday, perhaps. But if such a day came, Noor would be there to help lift the stallion to his feet once again. 

Gentle eyes came to rest back on the mare as he spoke. “And what of yourself, Luvena? Have you traveled far to be here?” 

"Speech" | Noor | @Luvena | notes

Messages In This Thread
a friend in need - by Gareth - 01-10-2021, 02:06 AM
RE: a friend in need - by Luvena - 01-14-2021, 01:24 AM
RE: a friend in need - by Gareth - 01-14-2021, 06:52 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Luvena - 01-14-2021, 08:37 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Gareth - 01-23-2021, 08:47 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Luvena - 01-24-2021, 04:48 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Gareth - 01-29-2021, 08:51 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Luvena - 01-30-2021, 09:42 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Gareth - 02-06-2021, 06:12 PM
RE: a friend in need - by Luvena - 02-07-2021, 03:04 PM