Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Open Ocean or Tsunami?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The mare snorted in amusement at her little sister, "Oddly enough, I'd be more likely to die surprise to see you swimming in general from what you've been telling me." She teased in jest, before her expression softened, "But yes, there certainly can't be much that could go wrong with us enjoying each other's company and learning about where we are in life." She wanted to hear all about what had happened to her sister. Who had helped. Where she had been. All of it.

The idea of two being a pod, a pod of just them seemed to be a stretch though, but Bel had to admit the idea seemed nice, "Well, I don't know about 'great,' especially as half the pod would be freshwater, the other marine." Bel argued, with a playful nudge, before smiling gently at her sister, "You never know. But don't go searching for love too hard. You're still young, Polar, you have plenty of time."

Bel tilted her head, regarding her sister with a huff, "Please . . . tell you . . . you did not just ask that north was UP. I know you're not really that crazy!" She teased, nudging her sister's muzzle back down, even as she had to hide her laugh, letting the topic turn towards her sisters odd friend. Odd, with an apparent huge heart. Bel snorted in amusement, "It seems like he is a very good friend for you then. Trust me when I say, those friendships can be some of the best things out there. They make the nights less cold and certainly help fill you with strength when you have little left." She would know, she had a few friends like that herself.

The topic of be mate bond was a tough one, perhaps more so because Bel herself knew how strong it was, how difficult it was to break, to see it warped before you. She'd given shard every chance she could after all. "It's true . . . Shard wasn't all wrong. Water wouldn't have been safe for you to go into . . . but you were plenty safe to be around. We, females, might not have much in terms of fighting, and perhaps you don't remember the males, but they were built to attack. And at the time our pod was healthy and strong, more than capable of defending you and letting you heal on land. And . . . he broke his word to me, to give you more time on land. That was his fault. He let others sway him back from his word . . . and, if our bond had been strong and true, he'd have never done that to me." Even as she said it, she could still remember the desperate despair in his eyes, as they both begged the other to journey across the cavern. Bel back to his side, to the pod, Shard to her side and away from his father. Neither had moved, and perhaps that was the most painful of all.

But she knew now, she'd made the right choice. Even if it was painful to admit, and so once more she grasped onto her sister's words like a lifeline from the memories of the past."Oh, I'm sure you'll enjoy many of the stories, but perhaps not today, it's already getting late, after all." The mare stated with a laugh, looking up towards the sky before nuzzling her sister back, "And you'll hopefully find the stories Yuki has shared with me far more interesting than the ones the elders used as bedtime stories."

Bel"
Yukime
@Polar North
Notes::

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-18-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-19-2021, 04:57 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-21-2021, 02:23 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-23-2021, 04:52 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Polar North - 01-24-2021, 07:48 PM
RE: Open Ocean or Tsunami? - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 09:53 PM