Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - true champions cannot be eclipsed

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

I stayed in the night court after the new sovereign was chosen. King Ira, he seemed young, but something about him was distinguished, solid, and it seemed he would make a fitting king, for Denocte's quiet people. So I made it in time for Ira's first speech, the boy seemed happier then most of the denocte citizens I'd come across in my time here. and reasonably so, being chosen to lead a people is a great thing, and a joy I hadn't felt anything like in a long time. 

For once I find the crowd of people rather exhilarating,  Everyone gathering to listen to a new leader, some I'm sure are hear only to complain, but others come with hope for the future, and the changes to come with it. His words come with a surprise, in that they are not for him, a striking decision for a new leader. As he goes on, I am nearly certain that the hint of a sparkle is making its way to my eyes. I've been looking for something for so long, and everything has fallen flat. I do enjoy what I do, healing, helping, but every so often, I'm Nostalgic for what was.  Being the head of something more, guiding others to help do the same, and perhaps I could do that again. 

I am the first to step forward, and I find myself almost nervous, after all, who am I a small feeble thing, to step forward for such a position. Never the less I did, leaving Yara and Mithra sitting behind me. "King Ira" I start. "I know I don't look like much, and it is true that some days I am not much. But I have been a princess once, and a queen once, and while that will likely never come to be again, I would be honored to lead something once more." I paused, mulling over my words, wondering if they had been two much. "I worked as a healer in Dusk, before coming here, and I've been working in the mountains with the night order for nearly two seasons now. Growing up I saw many healers, brought in from far and wide, and in the process I learned from them, and I would love nothing more than to share that knowledge. Even for those who aren't medics, knowing how to stop the flow of blood, or treat a cough can be invaluable. Because of that, I would like to put my name forward for champion of healing, and will take the trials in stride. Best of luck, to everyone"  

With a dip of my head I stepped back, ready to listen for all the other champions stepping forward.

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Ira - 01-20-2021, 01:16 PM
RE: true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Luvena - 01-20-2021, 08:15 PM
RE: true champions cannot be eclipsed - by Kassandra - 01-25-2021, 10:42 PM