Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus
Poll: [NIGHT COURT MEMBERS ONLY -- 1 vote per member -- READ BELOW POST FIRST] Who would you like to be Denocte's new Sovereign?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cicatrix
0%
0 0%
Araxes
0%
0 0%
Willoughby
7.14%
1 7.14%
Renwick
14.29%
2 14.29%
Ira
42.86%
6 42.86%
Kassandra
14.29%
2 14.29%
Katniss
21.43%
3 21.43%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

- void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 6
Signos: 645
Night Court Medic
Male [He/Him/His]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 22  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Noor (Irish Elk)

G A R E T H

The stallion was not one to often find himself in the throngs of the Night court. He held his small hovel outside the court walls, occasionally dabbled in the markets, but never had he before been so encompassed by the people. Gareth had never considered himself to be particularly of the people of Denocte. His tribe had come from a small collective in the Arma Mountains, and that is where his heart and home shall always lay. But those mountains, were they not of the lands of Denocte? Were they not of these people? Providing comfort to those who wished to cradle this world carefully in their breast and safe from those outside who would not understand them nearly as well as their Goddess? 

Gareth had not been a particularly devout man, raised on limited stories of Caligo. But those stories had meant everything to him in his times of need. Had comforted him in his darkest hours and had soothed his aching soul in the dreary days that came far too often. When he had heard of statues turned flesh, coldness melting into cosmos, he knew that he had to come. Even Noor… His gaze softens as he looks to his companion, the two of them on the edges of the crowd. Even his bonded, whose skin crawled to be inside the walls of civilization had understood the gravity, the need to be present for this once in a lifetime experience. 

He should have expected to be in awe of her, to be taken by her mere presence, and to be sure there was that, but it was somehow more. A sense of serenity, of rightness had come over him, that comfort growing with each new face that stepped forward. Gareth had prided himself, though privately, in his ability to keep away from politics. The workings of those above him were not of his concern, and they were not his place to judge. He was, in a way, beyond all of those things. So long as he could tend to those who needed it, and provide services few others would offer, that was enough for him. 

He soaked in each word spoken, each member who had the heart to step forward and offer themselves bare to the court they so lovingly called their home and he was moved by them. By their love for their people, by their choice to call Denocte their home. Each lyric struck different chords that resonated so deeply within him it felt as if every inch of his person vibrated, swaying his heart and his soul. 

Noor watched his companion, contentment at seeing the man whom he shared such a bond with be moved by something. It had been a long time since the stallion had allowed himself to feel anything this strongly. The first time since Salome had left that he had seen the brute allow his heart to feel full. Such a rarity made it possible for the mushroom festooned elk to endure the crowds. After all, such precious things should be enjoyed. 

Caligo spoke, calling for a vote of the people, and while Gareth has never been one to draw attention, he is compelled to move forward. His large frame drawn to full height, the crowds part for him and his companion. When before the Goddess and those who offered their services his eyes wander each of them, taking in their faces, their motives, and in a sense, their very beings. He believes each to have a true heart with good intentions for Denocte. The decision should be difficult, but after seeing them, he knows his choice. He turns to Caligo and bows deeply, mirrored by Noor. 

“Caligo,” his lyrics boom among the whispers of the crowd, as each spoke to themselves and those beside. He brings himself to full stature; for the first time he is proud in posture, for he will make himself no less in front of his Goddess. “You ask us to choose wisely our leader.” He looks to each of the equines before him and a genuine and warm smile graces his lips. “Any of these creatures would be a fine fit, and I would be proud to call them Sovereign.” He turns his amber gaze to the Goddess, overcome by the rawness of her beauty, of her presence. “But if I may be so bold,” He steps forward and nods towards his choice. “Ira is a Sovereign I would follow to the ends of the earth. He is everything that I believe this court holds dear. Is it not Denocte that cherishes those who would find home nowhere else? Who better to lead us than a soul who has chosen to make their life here? Who has a desire to pledge themselves to the people of this court?” He turns then to the Sovereign elects, bowing to them. 

“I would gladly follow any of you, for your ideals are true and I believe we are all capable of great things.” He lifts his head. “For is that not what we love about our Court? Our fellow Denoctians? Though my heart swells with pride for all of you, let it be known that Ira is the Sovereign for whom I cast my vote.” The dappled stallion bows again before retreating once more into the crowd, his elk companion following until they are but a faint glow at the edge of the gathering. 

"Speech" | Noor | @tag | I couldn't resist, the inspiration just struck me. Good luck to everyone!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING] - by Gareth - 01-13-2021, 03:14 AM
RE: void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING] - by Salome - 01-14-2021, 01:01 PM
RE: void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING] - by Rivane - 01-14-2021, 02:42 PM
RE: void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING] - by Renwick - 01-15-2021, 05:14 PM
RE: void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING] - by Ira - 01-15-2021, 08:35 PM
RE: void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING] - by Luvena - 01-17-2021, 11:07 PM
RE: void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING] - by Kassandra - 01-18-2021, 10:39 PM
RE: void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING] - by Kibou - 01-18-2021, 10:45 PM
RE: void to stars [SOVEREIGN VOTING] - by Katniss - 01-18-2021, 10:54 PM