Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - One Soul to Another (Luvena)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Signos: 0
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Look Forward... Trust Yourself... Find Peace

Pol smiled softly to herself as she danced through the prairie grasses. It was peaceful, the stalks of grass similar to the waves of the water. She snorted as the blades caressed her pelt, each like a tickling finger across her pale underbelly. Her vapors were trailing, keeping the four year old alien mare cool in the warm sunlight as she moved.

She was still finding herself in her work, still trying to make a place for herself in the world around her. It was odd to find herself in the same world as her sister once again, though at the same time it was a relief. She was not the odd Treader in the world. Though, perhaps she was still the odd one out since she wanted nothing more than to be a medic worth the name.

Pol wanted to be the best that she could be. The reason behind her drive was chaotic in nature, though honest. She wanted to pay homage to the wonderful healer that had saved her life as a pup, as well as to prove that Treaders didnt need to be abandoned at the mere wound that could be healed. The memory of the pain caused by that way of thinking was a pang in her heart that never seemed to heal fully. It bothered her that their way of thinking could destroy families and their own future if not careful.

Lifting her head, she gazed out over the summer grasses, dual lavender eyes scanning the world around her for any sign of life. Anyone to talk to... Anyone that could help teach her to be better.

"Speaking"
@Luvena
Notes: Forewarning... I suck at starters XD

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

Last she had been here, it had a been a reunion so sweet she scarcely believed it had been real. The pure bliss that had accompanied it was unimaginable. This time she was here for more simplistic reasons, just to gather any herbs that might be of use to the court.  Grasses to dry out and weave, meadowsweet for pain, anything else that could be useful. She gone and picked up a basket from the market before heading out, so that she could carry everything back with her. Today she had the whole company, Yara and Mithra both romped up ahead, tumbling through the grass together, head over heels rolling around.

It was as she picked a few blades of grass that she saw the girl up ahead. She looked remarkably similar to Below Zero, the woman she had treated in the plains,  though much younger.  She too seemed to wandering in search of things, though the poor girl looked rather confused. Stuffing the grass into the basket she picked her way across the prairie towards her. "Hello" she called out gently "Can I help you find something? You a look a bit confused"  

She tilted her head at the young woman, waiting for a response, though in the meantime she went back to picking grasses.

@Polar North

100th post and it is TRASH but here ya gooo

@Luvena

Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Pol flicked her ears at the voice that called out, turning on her heels to see the figure that spoke. She smiled softly, unconsciously tucking her damaged tail behind her. Her eyes caught the romping canines, a slight tensing of her muscles at the sight of predators that had her forcing herself to breathe.

"Hello," She answered, dipping her head slightly in greeting as her eyes traveled over the other mare. She was similar height, though seemed more delicate in build. Her colors were striking and different than Pol's, a fact that made her smile widen slightly.

"To be honest... I have no real idea what I am looking for. I dont know plants as well as I should to be able to gather anything useful. I am a medic, though still trying to learn the craft. I havent had anyone to really show me anything yet in Novus, and the healer that I grew up with is far from here." She explained, glossing over the fact that she had been saved as a pup. The other mare was less surprised than usual to see her, so Pol couldnt help but wonder if she had met Bella.

"I am sorry... I am Polar North. I need to get better at remembering to introduce myself." She chuckled softly, shaking her reptilian head as she kept a wary eye on the canines.

"Speaking"
@Luvena
Notes: Sorry about delay love! <3

Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

She was struck quickly by how much the girl looked like the woman she had met a few days prior, and was sure that this must be the sister she had spoken of. Her suspicion was confirmed as the girl introduced herself. “Ah” she said out loud softly. “You’re below Zero’s sister. I met her not to long ago, in the Eleutheria plains” 

She left out the details, her sister was fine of course, set to come back and see her any day now, but she didn’t want to scare the young thing before her. “Luvena Xiaoli” she replied with a gentle smile,  “I’m a medic as well, and I’ve been at this for a while” she meant the words not as bragging, but simply as comfort that she might be of help to Pol, who seemed so far out of her depth.

She looked around the field. “What are you trying to treat? I’m sure we can find something out of all these plants, and if not, chances are I have something back in the city that could be of some use” She caught the way the girl eyed her dogs, and looked back at them with a spark in her eye.  “These two are friends, not foe” she comforted. “Don’t trouble yourself over them. Their bark is much worse than their bite, which I’m not entirely certain they possess” Not entirely the truth, the girls hunted for their dinner every day, but they hardly had the spirit to harm anyone who didn’t make a move at them first. 

@Polar North

@Luvena

Night Court Medic

Pol beamed at the mention of her sister. While there was still a lot that the two needed to work through, the younger sister felt hope for the first time where Bella was concerned. She nodded in response before speaking. "That I am. I do hope that she was well when you saw her. It seems that getting together is challenging with the difference in courts and lifestyles." She laughed softly, thinking fondly of the mare that was her only family. Or at least the only family that she claimed.

Pol grinned, feeling a wave of excitement sweep over her. "It is a pleasure to meet you! I have only spoken to one other medic so far. Do you work in the hospital?" She asked, chattering like a young foal as she stepped closer to the other mare. "Sorry, I just get excited about healing and helping others." She apologized shyly, realizing that she might have come across a bit strongly.

Pol frowned, glancing back toward her tail. "I am not trying to treat anything in particular, though finding something that would work for old wounds that seem to ache with temperature changes would be nice. I was wounded rather severely as a pup, a foal... And with winter not too far off, I would like to find something that works to help with the pain." She explained, going so far as to move her tail to where Luvena could see the extensive damages.

Pol listened to the comment regarding the canines, her eyes traveling over the creatures again. "Nothing against them. Just a bit... wary... about predators in general. I wont even swim in the oceans that I once called home thanks to sharks. Sharp teeth tend to make me nervous... which is funny seeing as I have my own." She chuckled softly, deciding to trust the mare and relax.

"Speaking"
@Luvena
Notes: <3

Night Court Sovereign

She nodded “She suffered a bit of a gash out in the plains but was patched up rather quickly” she started “Up here on the earth these things aren’t nearly so grave. She’s coming back to me tomorrow to change the poultice and then she’ll be good as new” she reassured, still wary of upsetting the child. 

She shook her head. “Not at the moment, no. I used to work in Terrastellas Hospital, and later with the night order in the mountains. These days I run my own… clinic, I suppose, in the city. I’d be more than happy to show you some things there another time.” she paused as the girl went on, and smiled. “Then you will make a good medic” she encouraged, her heart swelling. She had met so many soldiers, and so many ancient healers, that it was always nice to meet someone young and eager, who wanted to do the same. “I am hoping… well, trying I suppose, to put myself out there as a strong candidate for the champion of healing, but we’ll see where fate takes things” 

She pondered it for a moment. Meadowsweet was her go to, and something she found herself taking more often these days. But it did not grow well in the prairie. “Feverfew” she replied “There should still be some in bloom this late in the summer, “ She looked at the girls' scars, the way they twisted over the end of her tail. She felt pity for a moment, and pushed it aside, knowing how much she hated when it was cast upon her.  She too worried for the upcoming winter, remembering how harsh the last had been, remembering the week she had first found herself among the monks in the night order. Collapsed in the foothills. 

“There are worse things to fear on the land than sharp teeth” she replied. “Those can be reasoned with”

@Polar North

@Luvena

Night Court Medic

The thought of her sister injured sent a jolt of fear through the younger mare. Such a wound would be a death sentence in the pod. All she could think about was checking on her sister... thought Bella would probably not be thrilled to have her hovering. "That is definitely one of the pluses to being on land. Hopefully she is healing well from her injuries." And she hopefully wasnt being fatalistic about the wounds.

Pol listened with a smile, fascinated by the history in the craft that the other mare was telling. "I would love that. Caligo knows that I need much more knowledge before I feel brave enough to actually be of use as a medic." At the hope that was expressed, Pol found her smile softening. "I think you would be a perfect candidate for the position. While fate eddies in strange currents, I have faith that you will land where you belong." She said warmly, feeling a connection with the other mare.

Pol nodded as she carefully filed away the information. "Feverfew... I think I have heard of that one... Little white flower that looks like a daisy?" She asked, eyes dancing over the grasses. "Isnt that for... arthritis? Hmm... Perhaps that is more the route I should have been looking. I didnt think to treat my scars as such. All I know is that the cold is murder on my tail. Darn shark attack anyway." She laughed softly, pushing down the fear that threatened to rise at the mention of the predator.

"Land predators must be easier to deal with than water... The shark that attacked me... my pod..." She stuttered as she thought of the loss that had nearly destroyed her family. "They could care less about reasoning and would rather bite first and ask questions later." Pol sighed as she finished, watching the canines again with much less fear than before.

"Speaking"
@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign

She nodded. “If all is well tomorrow it will be her last visit. And she’ll be fine to heal up the rest on her own. It was treated quickly, and that on it’s own is more often than not enough” she smiled comfortingly, velveteen skin stretching around soft eyes. 

The girl had wise words for one so young, and truth be told she reminded her of herself not so long ago. Bright-ish eyed and curious, ready for all the good things to come. To marry and to lead by the side of a dark and handsome man, though in the end fate had said otherwise. She hoped the girl was right, and that this time, perhaps, it would be kinder. “We’ll see” she murmured “So far it seems I have no competition, but still, I won’t let my hopes stray to high” 

She nodded once more. “It’s good for arthritis because it’s an anti-inflammatory. The same reason it’s good for quenching a fever. Old wounds and injuries grow inflamed in the cold, so feverfew should help them settle again” she explained, while looking around for the small white flowers, thinking she’d take some back for herself as well.

She looked up at Pol, pity brewing inside her, that she quickly pushed down. “I think you’ll find here, it’s other people who bite worse” she warned. “Not everyone here is kind enough to do what is right, and good” 

@Polar North

@Luvena

Night Court Medic

Pol smiled and nodded. "That is a massive relief. It is hard to hear that a Vapor Treader is injured, a moment of pure panic thanks to the world we are from." She explained, putting a light spin on the fear that had gripped her heart for a moment. "As a species, we are not prone to taking injuries lightly. Usually it ends with the injured being exiled for the safety of the rest of the group." Pol continued, not knowing if Bel had explained it to the healer, but wanting her to understand the fear that injury caused.

The younger mare laughed softly. "You have no worries where I am concerned. I am no where near ready to try to take on anything more than learning. I had a wise voice tell me that I should seek out a mentor to learn more, though that is a pretty anxious idea." She said, shaking her reptilian head. "I can definitely understand the restraint in getting your hopes up. Hope can be a good thing, but if premature... well it can lead to crushing disappointment." She commented with a smile. Caligo knew that she had been disappointed many times through her life, though she worked hard to keep a mask on so that others didnt realize the pain that had threatened to swamp her at times.

Pol listened to the information, nodding as she tried to make sure that she could remember it all. "That makes a lot of sense. I have never realized that the pain might be inflammation. I always just thought it was my body rebelling to the cold thanks to bad memories." She laughed, shooting a glare at her tail again. Pol joined Luvena in her search for the flowers, tilting her head as she caught a glance of white flowers. She wasnt sure if they were the ones that they were looking for, so best to check with the elder healer. "Are these feverfew?" She asked, motioning to them with her damaged tail as she gazed at the other mare.

Pol nodded at the words, wondering what Luvena had been through that would make her feel the way she did. "While they might bite worse... You may also find that some might be much kinder and warmer than expected. My time with others in the area has been cool at times, or even polite. I have yet to run into anyone that bites worse than a shark. I think that part of it is that I am afraid of my own shadow at times and it makes me wary to begin with." She said softly, hoping that she could worm her own way into the other mare's heart and be able to perhaps even make friends with the other mare.

"Speaking"
@Luvena

Night Court Sovereign

“Yes your sister was saying” she replied softly. “Fortunately things aren’t quite the same up here on the land unless you’re already vulnerable” she kept herself from trailing off. In a way she understood these creatures perfectly. If she didn’t have the court, or others to help, a wound, or any injury, for her, would be a death sentence. As it was she had to trust that she could talk herself out of most situations. She couldn’t keep up any sort of pace for more than a few minutes. 

Her ears tilted forward for a moment, her mind working. Though she despised admitting it to herself, help was always something Luvena could use more of. The effort it took to gather herbs, and prepare them, and treat people all at once was a lot for the sickly mare. That, and new medics were always needed, and it seemed these days so few wanted to learn, always racing to become the next celebrated soldier. “Should you like” she started “You would always be welcome in my quarters. I run a small practice out of my home, just on the edges of the night market. It’s nothing fancy, and certainly doesn’t compare to Terrastellas hospital…” she paused “But I have time, and experience, to give. And if I’m being honest… an extra set of hooves would help” 

She nodded as the girl showed her a flower “Oh of that I’m well aware” she smiled “I have a few I’d venture so far as to call sister, or brother, though some I’ve not seen in… a long time” there was the slightest tint of sadness on the words, though she smothered it quickly.  “There are kind souls everywhere, and I give each of them a chance. The trouble comes when a kind soul sheds that costume, and reveals underneath a wolf” 

@Polar North

@Luvena

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »