Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - break me down, build me up

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel's face pulled slightly as the torn flesh was tugged uncomfortably with each step she took, the alien struggling to try to keep the majority of the discomfort off her features, out of her step. Yukime was offering a soothing hum, but Bel's focus was split between the slowly working flowers that were ebbing the pain away quick enough, and the remaining discomfort of the injury (plus the weirdness of being patched up). Someone comes. the warning was whispered over the bond, causing Bel to briefly pause, noting a figure working their way towards him, before relaxing as he neared her and she recognized the stallion, "It's alright, Yukime. He's part of the herd, not a threat." She whispered in reassurance, noting him apparently notice the injury, picking up his pace towards her.

Bel offered a faint, if awkward smile at his concern, "Good evening, Rhone." She hummed, even as she gently shook her head, "I'm fine, I assure you. I was patched up by a healer of the Night Court. I'm supposed to return to her in two days time for her to check the wounds." She stated, feeling Yukime relax back against her spine, the alien-serpent still watching the stallion closely in her usual distrusting way, but less concerned after Bel greeted him by name (an act done on purpose to soothe the easily fretted bonded). "It was my own fault for getting injured anyway . . . kinda." She made a face, still not happy with her own moment of weakness that had led to the injury.

She should have known Yukime could handle herself, shouldn't have paused when the serpent had launched from her back to fend off one of the attacking wolves. But Bel had fretted, Bel had let herself be distracted, and it had cost her in the battle when the wolf had torn into her with it's claws. She'd recovered fast enough, awkwardly enough for a being with little knowledge in fighting, but it had been the eye opener of a life time on just how ill prepared she was up against anything that might be more threatening towards her. Her steps started up once more, glancing at the stallion, "I'm heading back to the swamp, if it helps settle your concern, you're more than welcome to walk back with us." She stated with an amused smile that faltered after realizing that for the first time in a long time she'd have to sleep on the ground rather than beneath the water of the swamp, a disappointing realization to add to the difficulties of having gotten injured. How did one sleep above the ground? Did they sleep in a bed of grass? Do they make beds? Find a way to be more comfortable? She'd heard some slept standing up even! She'd have to figure that part out later, maybe find a thicket with soft enough marsh grass to lay in, but damp enough still to be a bit more comfortable, less dry.

Her steps were a little more limpish - no longer feeling the pain to the point of needing to control how she walked, although the occasional twinge still had her eyes flinching (usually her smaller set of eyes closing against the pain to try and keep the effect off the rest of her face, Hmm, you wouldn't happen to know if any of the soldiers or warriors of the po- er, herd would be willing to teach an entertainer some basic self defense would you?" She asked, a little out of the blue, but the question still weighing heavily on her mind, "I've been made . . . painfully . . . aware of how little self defense I know beyond basic instincts. And next time those . . . wolves, I believe they were called, try to take a bite out of me, I'd rather be better able to fend them off." She added, explaining a little more, even as the tension visibly began to lift off of her as soon as the swamp was in sight. It wasn't the sea, but it was a comfortable place on land where the air itself hugged her in a watery embrace.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Rhone and Zombie
Notes:: I feel like she's talking in circles a little more than normal - but I also imagine she's not quite 'there' thanks to being drugged :P

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 01-24-2021, 11:46 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 02-14-2021, 01:17 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 02-19-2021, 01:48 AM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 04-06-2021, 09:31 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 04-07-2021, 01:06 PM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Rhone - 04-09-2021, 11:30 AM
RE: break me down, build me up - by Below Zero - 07-12-2021, 11:39 PM