Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Festival] In the heat of the moment

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The air was truly alive with jubilant emotions that was visible in the excitement everyone held, audible in the joyful greetings and laughter filled with warmth. Bel had always liked festivals for this reason - for the excitement and warmth, and the equal footing many of the different courts could share in. But Fall was always a favorite - the turning of the seasons, the changing of colors. Days growing cooler, but still maintaining some heat in the day. Nights were brisk with fresh cold air that chilled the northern bred mare in a way that made Novus more comfortable.

This festival, this season was no different.

It was better even, as she had so much to be thankful this year. A growing closeness with her sister, a best friend who was becoming like a protective brother. Yukime who was connecting her to her old, and forgotten history. Her close friends, and her sister who made her days bright and filled with joy. And the new friends she was making along the way. Jane of Day, Luvena of Night. Many more she hoped to add in the coming year as well, perhaps even some to make during this festival - as it was a time of joy.

Bel was happy to just watch for now.

The others were laughing and twirling, spinning with fire that split the sky, twirling and dancing in an array of movements that seemed choreographed by the gods. Together, they moved, with color arching across the sky. Bel ooh-ed and aah-ed with the others, even as she stood a little further away from the flames that could ruin her night if she wasn't careful. Still she was there to watch, to share in the splendid, even if it was one event she might not be able to partake in. The intrusion was both a surprise, and a welcome, as she greeted the other with a slight dip of her head, her fins flattening slightly along her back as she laughed at his question, "Fire and I have a rather troublesome relationship. I like the way it looks, it likes to see me dehyrdated." She explained, her gaze returning to the dancers as the moved.

The mention of bad luck had her laughing.

"I'd be far more likely to have bad luck for attempting to participate. Even if it's from the water vapors dowsing the flames of mine, and anyone else's torches. I'd rather not go down as the individual who brings bad luck to all of Terrastella." Bel shook her head, laughing at the very idea, "Far safer to sit back and watch it. Besides, you find more company by being in the audience, than being a dancer." She added, turning more fully to the other who smelled of Dusk, thus must be part of her own Court, "I don't believe we've met, or likely not properly. My name is Below Zero, but most call me Bel." She introduced herself with a warm smile, before her gaze returned to the dancers. "So, why aren't you joining the dancers? If bad luck could be an outcome for not participating?" She added with a teasing tone, even as she ooh-ed along with everyone else to an individual's fancy twirling moves.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Atlas
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 02-06-2021, 07:23 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 11:45 AM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 03-06-2021, 12:47 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 03-31-2021, 12:30 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 04-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 08-15-2021, 03:22 PM