Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Festival] In the heat of the moment

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel had to laugh, the sound gentle - non-judgemental - at the other's apology, shaking her head, "No apology is necessary, I certainly take no offense. Besides, I'm of the curious nature myself, though it's usually about locations I haven't seen rather than people I haven't met." She assured with a grin, before the smile faltere with surprise, a little shock entering her expression when he admitted that even if she was a Kelpie he wouldn't be bothered.

She tilted her head, curious about that fact.

"Most would definitely find a bother about running into a Kelpie, they tend to be rather carniverous creatures, after all." Why would he not be? Was it a lack of his own self-preservation, or perhaps an acceptance of his own mortality, that anyone could die at any moment? Perhaps there was something to ponder on the way others thought. She glanced back towards the fires, the dancers, the celebrations, even as one finned ear flipped towards the stallion, smiling faintly.

Her people had little to celebrate, beyond birth.

"My pod were perhaps more simple. We celebrated a birth, but we rarely celebrated anything else. But it was a starker world we lived in, where we were regularly hunted as weaker beings. Being in Novus with such celebrations done up in grand design is nice, welcoming even." She admitted after a moment, before glancing back to him when he commented on his homeland being less fancy, though his follow up of dancing with ice had her grinning, "Dancing with ice is simple," As she said so, her own vapors dropped to a much lower temperature, as if the very talk of ice was enough to remind her she was a made for an arctic climate, "My bonded can dance very well with the ice shards, though I blame that on her ability to utilize ice as a weapon, being a sea serpent with an affinity for ice, after all. I myself come from the arctic where ice is far more plentiful than fire."

It was what always made her excited for winter.

When he spoke of sand kelpies, her eyes were wide with wonder at the idea of great beasts covered in rock-like skin and large sand-sails, digging through the desert. "My bonded speaks of terrifying monsters from the planet her species, and my own originate from. Giant serpents, large as mountains that slither through the ice and erupt out of it to swallow a creature whole. Giant Leviathans of the ocean with ravenous appetites." She stated, before smiling slightly, "I suppose every place has predators of one sort or the next, so is the way of the world, is it not?"

"Bel"
Yukime
@Atlas
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 02-06-2021, 07:23 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 03-06-2021, 12:47 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 03-31-2021, 12:30 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Below Zero - 04-04-2021, 10:49 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 04-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 08-15-2021, 03:22 PM