Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Festival] In the heat of the moment

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The aquatic mare smiled, nodding her head in agreement to his words, "Oh, absolutely! So many of these lands seem to be happy with their place in life. But thee's so much to be seen, I can't seem to get enough of everything there is in Novus, or better, the things that haven't ever been seen before. I would love to find something first." She admitted, with a soft laugh, shaking her head as the vapors wafted around her spine, "If I may ask, what's your favorite thing you've seen, or been to, in Novus so far? I'd love suggestions on what to see next!" She added with a warm smile.

She wasn't expecting his dismissal of Kelpies though.

It was a relief to not be immediately assumed to be one and branded a violent killer, however. Avoided or cursed at. Or worse, trying to trick to kill to 'rid the land of the Kelpie.' Sure, she had fangs in her mouth, but hers were for salmon, tuna, and other fish. Definitely not a horse. She was curious about his reasoning, however, her head tilting to the side, both sets of eyes focusing on the male when he admitted to believing there are Kelpies capable of barking before biting. His laugh and declaration that he'd be too bony for a Kelpie had her laughing with him, "I suppose that is a good way to look at it. I've not met too many in my travels, but just like there are horses capable of great evil, there must be Kelpies capable of great kindness, right?"

It made sense, and it was a nice thought.

Of course, admitting where she came from was never easy. It was troublesome, even if she didn't go into detail. But he seemed to understand to a degree, perhaps having a troublesome history of his own. She wouldn't question him on it, it appeared to be a history he didn't want to touch on, and she could respect that. His words were low when he spoke, gravelly even in a whisper. She nodded faintly, "Even the greatest of cities become shambles beneath the waves. And not even the storm can wipe away all of the secrets." She agreed. Thankfully the talk of Yuki proved a distraction.

His head swung towards her, his expression confused.

His words explained it, however, and she couldn't help but to laugh, "Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't fear the Kelpies much. I'm a creature of the waters after all. And like my bonded, I have my own weight to hold. But don't imagine a mammoth beast, Yukime is small enough that she tends to ride on my back. Long, but definitely not gigantic." She paused before her smile turned into a conspiratory grin, "Though, if you ask me, her sour attitude more than makes up for the lackluster of her size." She stated with amusement, something that was very true of the often grumpy serpent.

She was greatly enjoying the company, though.

She smiled slightly when he spoke, nodding in agreement, "Live your life in fear, and you forget to live." She agreed, her eyes dancing with merriment, "Though, according to the Pod when I was growing up, I had an unhealthy lack of fear . . . apparently most pups don't play steal the treasure from Krakens." Although, it wasn't really her fault that she didn't know the cave was the den of the Kraken. "And there is more than enough excitement to find in the world when you're looking for things that make you happy, rather than things to make you afraid."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Atlas
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 02-06-2021, 07:23 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 03-06-2021, 12:47 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 03-31-2021, 12:30 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 04-11-2021, 12:48 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Below Zero - 07-12-2021, 11:18 PM
RE: [Festival] In the heat of the moment - by Atlas - 08-15-2021, 03:22 PM