Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Of treatments and socializing

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

The girls had to awkwardly duck under Below Zero’s hooves, trying not to get clipped in the head. They had quickly grown into their full height, both coming just up to Luvena’s stomach. They had only to fill out, heavy enough to fend against any opponent.  She didn’t miss Bel’s reaction them, similar to her sisters, as her eyes lingered on them. “Don’t mind the girls” she remarked gently. “They’re quiet harmless. Still babies really,” though she had to remind herself that they would not be much longer, as they had already surpassed 8 months old. 

She nodded in acknowledgment. “Denocte too has been readying itself for autumns festival. I’m sure you saw the pyre. It seems they’re nearly done with it.” the words sounded hollow as they rolled off her tongue. She tried not to look at the thing, knowing what would follow when it was done.  “I’d rather we stick to summer for just a bit longer” she replied. “The colder months are no fun for medics. They bring with them sickness, and no herbs to treat it” she glanced up to all her shelves. “I can stock up but… it’s never enough” she sighed, even now dreading the slog through what would likely be a hard winter.  She huffed slightly. "They don't treat me very well either"

“You can take that off” she directed, gesturing to the old cobbled together bandage, as she finished up the new poultice, carrying it over towards the woman, where she set it down on the floor. “This one will sting a bit, though in a way I’m sure you’re used to” she warned before answering the question directed at her. She poured the last of the saltwater over the wound, which looked to have almost closed itself up, starting to scab over nicely, washing out the last of the dried clay. 

“Different herbs for all sorts of things” she started, while spreading the poultice over the wound “Elecampane, this one, is good for infections, or ingested for respiratory disease. Feverfew and meadowsweet for fevers and painkillers… Valerian for nerves… and some other things too. Animal sinew for the stitches we discussed, saltwater for poultice making -helps with the infection as well - cobwebs to adhere bandages… We medics have found all sorts of tools to use”  She smiled softly as she took a step back, placing the bowl back on the shelf, and retrieving the gauze and cobwebs.

“Very well indeed. I’ll be seeing more of her in fact I think. She seemed quite interested in learning the trade” 

@Below Zero

@Luvena

Messages In This Thread
Of treatments and socializing - by Below Zero - 02-01-2021, 06:04 PM
RE: Of treatments and socializing - by Luvena - 02-03-2021, 10:48 PM
RE: Of treatments and socializing - by Below Zero - 02-07-2021, 11:02 AM
RE: Of treatments and socializing - by Luvena - 02-14-2021, 02:54 PM
RE: Of treatments and socializing - by Below Zero - 02-20-2021, 04:19 PM
RE: Of treatments and socializing - by Luvena - 02-27-2021, 02:30 PM
RE: Of treatments and socializing - by Below Zero - 02-27-2021, 02:57 PM
RE: Of treatments and socializing - by Luvena - 03-07-2021, 12:42 PM
RE: Of treatments and socializing - by Below Zero - 03-10-2021, 10:31 AM