Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The moon speaks

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Eris [PM] Posts: 8 — Threads: 2
Signos: 265
Inactive Character

There is a gentleness found in iron fists and a cruelty sleeping in soft words

The underlying meaning of Luvena’s response was not lost on the mare; it seemed the patchwork woman, in her storied lifetime, had grown beyond herself and learned to feel keenly the pangs of regret. It was a wretched, vaguely surreal place to exist within oneself, and Cerridwen wasn’t sure if she had truly mastered whatever pain lurked beneath her own skin, or if she were simply avoiding the truth. However, the dawn painted femme could not help musing aloud, soft voice carrying over the frigid landscape,

“Honesty is a painful kindness that we give ourselves and those around us. If the parts that are best forgotten melt away come spring, does that mean we have lied to ourselves through exclusion?”

The question was gentle, it did not beg to be answered. Indeed, it seemed to float away to some ethereal, unknowable pocket between worlds — these ponderings were not for beings such as the pair along the banks; let the stars and scholars do with Cerridwen’s questions what they would.  

At mentions of her own court’s winter season, Cerridwen let loose an uncharacteristic groan, head dipping a bit lower on her shoulders. Cold, while tolerable enough, was not counted as one of the great joys of the maiden’s life, and to hear tell of the court of Day... Well, maybe the amethyst lass had chosen the wrong kingdom to attempt to thrive. Heat, Cerridwen could manage well enough given water and shade, but cold

“I am a newcomer to Terrastella,” Came Cerridwen’s reply when she had at last regained her composure, “Though hearing of my home’s cold season, I am considering vacationing to Solterra, if only for the heat.” A cool breeze wound it’s way over the lake’s icy surface and brushed chilly fingers through the mare’s pale mane, producing a frown from lilac lips, “In truth, though, I don’t feel like I quite belong anywhere. I’ve been wandering for years now, following the stars and just hoping somewhere will feel right...” She trailed off for a moment, silvery eyes trailing over the bare expanse of the opposite shore before fixing her gaze back toward Luvena, “What of you? Are you of Denoctian heritage, or have the stars lead you here as well?”

Would that the stars had deigned to tell her why. 

@Luvena <33

cerridwen

"speech"

table by karma, art by Chillsins on dA

Messages In This Thread
The moon speaks - by Cerridwen - 02-05-2021, 05:31 AM
RE: The moon speaks - by Luvena - 02-14-2021, 06:15 PM
RE: The moon speaks - by Cerridwen - 02-26-2021, 12:33 AM
RE: The moon speaks - by Luvena - 03-07-2021, 01:31 PM
RE: The moon speaks - by Cerridwen - 04-13-2021, 03:54 PM
RE: The moon speaks - by Luvena - 05-24-2021, 01:10 PM