Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Return of Old Friends - Caelum

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
Hello, darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping
There was a comfort in friendship.

None aided her heart as much as those from her furthest path though, the ones who knew her story as well as she did - and to her that was Huehuecoyotl, even if he was a bit much to deal with at times. When they were younger, before her own actions had been tempered down by wisdom, and pain, they had caused trouble and fun together. Now, they were still close friends, but both knew that her heart wasn't in the mischief she once played with. Pain left marks that even time couldn't heal.

Her wounds ran deep.

His words were honest, joyful, and she smiled gently as she hovered before him, wings fluttering before she finally touched to the ground, letting her wings gently fall, tucking them along the line of back, letting them fall into a resting position, lightly folded. "It's lovely to see you as well, truly." She responded gently. When he spoke however, her ears tilted forward, hearing him talk about wandering, of experiencing his magic. The mare tilted her head to the side, smiling softly, before she paused when he asked of herself. She watched his eyes tracing her, watching her, and she knew what he was looking for.

She shoved the darkness deeper down.

Layers of false happiness fell between the darkness and her outward expression, lightening her eyes, so they would appear less void, hiding the shadows that crept into the corners of her world, the tug at the corners of her muzzle, the pitch of her head. Happy, think happy. "I have been well . . . returned from visiting home for a little while. Things are growing back well." She replied with a smile, as if the pain of seeing the proclomations on the walls 'Long Live Queen Caelum' hadn't jolted through her like sharp stick. As if the graves hadn't set the scene into melancholy - as if the rubble of what was once her home hadn't crumbled her own resistance.

She was acting, but she was good at it.

He spoke again, and she relaxed gently, smiling and nodding, before pausing when he asked how she was, how she really was. For a moment her muzzle dipped lightly, eyeing him for a moment, before her smile returned, this time it was more practiced, the look of a royal who had to keep the mask in place, a look she wore as naturally as her own expressions, "Some days are a little harder than most, but I've been well enough. Being back in Denocte helps, so I can't complain." She replied casually, her thoughts carefully neutral least something slips.

She was fine, she had to be fine, she couldn't think about them.

She had to smile, this time more real, more soft, almost wistful; when he beamed at the mention of the little doe. She was surprised that he hadn't found her - had gone for Cael first. that same smile returned, and she embraced him gently, friend to friend, "I'm sure you'll locate her soon enough, your fairly tenacious about that. Don't really take no for an answer, and you're quite smitten. Don't push her to the side for me though, friend. I know better than most how little time we can have with our loved ones, remember to spend as much time with her while you can."

Least you go to regret not doing so, like she does.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl
Notes: Kinda bleh, sorry.

And the vision that was planted in my brain
still remains within the sound of silence

Messages In This Thread
Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-23-2021, 03:00 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 02-28-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 03-10-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 04-04-2021, 09:27 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 07-12-2021, 11:23 AM