Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Return of Old Friends - Caelum

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
Hello, darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping
His words hit her like a ton of bricks to the gut.

Her shoulders straightened, her eyes narrowed, her tiara rose to the sky and she straightened her stance more fully, "I can assure you, Huehuecoyotl, there's no falsehoods to try to convince anyone, nor myself." She didn't need to be psychoanalyzed for the turmoil she lived in constantly, he knew well enough already that she didn't play in that game. His expression was gentle, however, and so while she had straightened her stance, it did keep her voice from being bitter.

He understood anyways, he knew what was at home.

He let loose a sigh, but at his words, her gaze turned away from him, and for a moment a shadow crossed the dark brown depths of her eyes, "There was a painted note, on what was left of one of the castle walls,"
She stated after a moment, "'Long Live Queen Caelum'" She finally admitted, her gaze drawing up towards the sky as a shuttered breath left her, "My mother was the queen, and there's not a kingdom left to rule." It had spurred her to the core, the passionate cry of support written for her to see, for those rogue units to bear witness to. And yet, what good was she to her people.

It had been her fault too, she knew that.

Her replies were casual, clearly more so than he intended to hear. Calling her out on it struck a nerve, and her eyes flashed briefly, "I wouldn't call it an act, you also know that I'm not so blasé with you, so do take care to remembering that." She retorted, a touch sharper than she intended, though she knew he wouldn't hold it against her, he was well, well aware of where she came from, most of her story he had helped pick up the pieces, "I do not think you would betray me, but some wounds remain fresh, and may color the presentation We give." She stated simply, a casual slip into the royal we to reinforce the words more strongly, "We thank you for the concern, but We are capable of watching our own mental state. We do not need such assistance yet, and if We did, We would ask." A subtle caution for him not to push what she wasn't ready to yet give, not just on the state of her own self, but that of her country and people.

But she wasn't so far gone to risk the bad days winning.

Her expression softened at the obvious show of concern, ivory hair gently fluttering in front of the brown eyes that had lost their sparkle so many, many years ago, "I'm not so far lost for you to worry about that. Some days may be dark, but I keep a candle lit on the worst ones so the light can always chase the demons away." She assured, "I'm not searching for a descent into the darkness yet, I promise." She stated after a soft sigh. She eagerly allowed him to turn the words towards Callynite, however, smiling slightly, "She'd be a fool not to let you closer, and truly - I feel that she is no fool, although perhaps a little considering she is fond of you."

His next words were like a slap though, even if a gentle one.

She flicked her ears, sighing, "I love you too, Coyote, you're one of my oldest friends, you know more about me than anyone, but if I really needed to find a strong, and handsome shoulder to lean on, I'm pretty sure I can find better options than you." She teased, even as she stepped forward, pressing her crown against his neck, puffing air from her nostrils against his mane, "But . . . thank you. I'm not ready to discuss anything yet. But . . . if I do need to, I know where you are."

She pulled back, ears flicking, and finally relaxing again.

"I know you mean well, Huehuecoyotl, some of it still just too fresh of a wound to be poking at just yet, and going home reopened it again. I'm getting better though, one day at a time, and I wasn't lying. Being in Denocte, where no one knows me, no one knows my history and my tragedies does help. I can live in peace as a healer, helping others as I've always hoped, and there's no one watching, waiting for me to collapse, to see me falter and fall. And even if there was, you know how stubborn I can be. I'll keep them waiting for an eternity."

Besides, she had to continue to live, because her baby could not.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl
Notes: Kinda bleh, sorry.

And the vision that was planted in my brain
still remains within the sound of silence

Messages In This Thread
Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-23-2021, 03:00 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 02-28-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 03-10-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 04-04-2021, 09:27 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 07-12-2021, 11:23 AM