Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Return of Old Friends - Caelum

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

being fabulous is the absolute best revenge

Coy felt a surge of frustration at her instant denial. "Caelum. I am not speaking against you. I know better than that. I am simply trying to understand the weight that you are holding within. We have been friends for longer than I can even put a hoof upon." He responded, eyes closed and head dropped. Mixed feelings of pain and anger were swirling in his heart as he opened his cyan eyes and gazed at the mare. Anger at the trauma of her life, at the stupidity of those that had surrounded her.

"There may not be a kingdom, a place where you are meant to rule. But you have your people that do still cherish you and are glad that you are alive. The message may have been simply their way of letting you know that they still care for you. Cael, you are not alone." He murmured softly, wishing he had the words to make her feel a bit better at least.

The sharper response was like a slap to the face and Coy had to work to keep his composure. Caelum was one of the few that he would allow to speak to him as such without retaliation. But at the same time, there was only so far he would be pushed. He would never leave her side, but he would walk away until she was less angry. "I apologize for speaking when it was not wanted." He stated, voice cool and formal rather than relaxed and happy as he usually was. Coy took a step back, though his head did not drop or bow. He kept his head held high and strong. Years ago, he had promised himself that he would never bow to a tyrant, and her attitude was worrying.

"I never said that you were that far gone. I am your friend. It is part of my promise to be your friend that keeps me worrying about you no matter the chaos in the world. You could be in paradise and I would still worry. Forgive me for caring enough to worry." He stated, his voice still aloof and cool. It had lost the edge of hurt that has colored his last response. His heart was aching at the words from the mare that he considered his dearest and oldest friend.

"Perhaps keeping me further is a good idea. Clearly my worry and concern is overstepping." He responded to the mare when conversation turned to the doe that he was in love with. The stallion was feeling catty and mean, though he was trying to not take it out on the mare before him. Her touch made him stiffen slightly as she spoke softer.

"When you are ready to speak, I am willing to be there. I know better than to push, and that was not my intention today... Though clearly that failed." He stated, though his voice softened and his body relaxed a touch. Her next words resonated in him and he nodded slowly as she spoke.

@Caelum
Notes: Apparently Coy is not as easy going tonight XD He got mad
"Coy Sass"
credits

Messages In This Thread
Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-23-2021, 03:00 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 02-28-2021, 08:06 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 03-10-2021, 12:17 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 04-04-2021, 09:27 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Huehuecoyotl - 05-22-2021, 09:15 PM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 07-12-2021, 11:23 AM
RE: Return of Old Friends - Caelum - by Caelum - 07-14-2021, 01:06 PM