Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fire At My Feet

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The travelled in company, but silence.

Though, she didn't think Jane minded. As they crossed into the walls of this city, colored in reds, oranges, yellows, she was surprised by the brightness. Sun gleamed and glared and Veil blinked as her eyes got used to the change of vibrancy. Beside her, Jane seemed to posture up, as if it was home, but deeper down, Veil could sense that was wrong, something was off. She didn't say anything on it, instead only touching the other mare on the shoulder, offering a reassuring smile. Then came the arrival of a house, and as Jane approached the door.

It opened, Veil felt an immediate shift.

Fear, Betrayal, Dissatisifaction, Loneliness, Emptiness, Cast-Aside, Forgotten. Veil rushed forward, but in the five seconds of feeling the sudden shift, and getting to where she could support her friend was not an easy task to make. Her eyes stared down the mare as she approached her friend's side, but her gaze had shifted, there was fire in her galaxy eyes, and the star stood taller, the inner mechanics of her being filling her with the energy, the galaxy dust rolling off her in waves as she stared down this mare who was already causing her friend distress.

And then it was like a door shutting.

The mare was turning aside, was sending them out. SHe might not know the words, but she could read the emotions, the feelings that she was getting by the changes this conversation was taking, all of the in and out clues that let her understand what she couldn't audibly translate. She didn't let the woman in the door close it before she pushed herself between her friend and her aunt, ignoring her smaller stature for the need to protect. The star in her chest seemed to be firing off multiple cues and energy through her body, and her eyes met the mare's with disapproval, distaste, an age-old being silently judging and finding this being, this filth lower than dirt.

What her friend's aunt would have seen, as she was stared down, Veil didn't know.

But she also didn't care as she turned to herd her friend away, away from this house that sung to her as a prison with out chains. This home that was more of a shelter from the elements than a realm of safety. This wasn't the place for them. They would do better on their own. Her touches were gentle, reassuring, her muzzle nuzzling her friend's shoulder, tail flicking against her side in a reassuring gesture even as she walked them away until they were back at the streets. Her friend's head sank and Veil heard the soft sound of dismissal, pushing her head back up, shaking her head, her eyes warm, reassuring. At the noise, Veil shook her head again, shoving aside the regret, embarrassment, apology. It wasn't needed. Veil perked up, tossed back her mane, and looked all around at the abundance of homes, empty buildings and more, a reminder there would be other places for them to belong.

Her gaze returned to Jane's, reassuring, determined.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jane
Notes:: They shall survive. Together.
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 03-13-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Jane - 04-05-2021, 03:57 PM
RE: Fire At My Feet - by Veil Nebula - 04-06-2021, 06:43 PM